We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 3
Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

We are looking for a nice hotel (USD $100+), but not top of the line expensive.

We have narrowed our search between Alila Ubud and Waka Namya (aka Waka Padma). Both look very nice, do you know which is better.

Is there another hotel in Ubud in this quality range that we are missing???

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

I'm also struggling to decide between several hotels in Ubud - the two you mentioned, plus Waka di Ume, Kamandalu, and Ulun Ubud. Originally I was swinging toward Ulun Ubud (Honeymoon Suite) but decided against is because of the steps and my dodgy knee.

At the moment I am torn between a Papaya villa at Waka di Ume and a jacuzzi room at Kamandalu. We want a place that has a view, and has a Balinese style plus a but of luxury. Any feedback would be appreciated!

My sister has stayed at Waka Namya recently and loved it, it sounds intimate and mod-Balinese in style. She spoke glowingly about the staff too ... although the villas don't have views, so it did not fulful our particular criteria.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
2. Re: Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

As liddi mentions, Ulun Ubud is nice (see my recent posts for details) but may not be as exclusive as you are looking for. Amandari has a nice view too but you are into the high end. I agree with liddi, the Honeymoon Suite is more than 100 steps to the lobby (can you say Himalaya?) so wonky knees won't do. However, the upper level villas are a very few steps to the lobby and if you can walk some of the hilly streets in Ubud you will be fine on the upper levels.

For both liddi and Robase4, I would also suggest that if you are travelling off peak (ie. not high season, July, August, December holiday season) then you might want to confirm you have space at two or more different places available and tell them you want to check out your two or three choices the day you arrive and then decide. You may find in the off season that they will do their best to give you the best of what's available and be quite flexible on pricing. In the high season, though, make you best choice and book as far in advance as you can especially if you are seeking a particular room or suite. And check out the suggested links in my reply to amyapple at:

tripadvisor.com/…1082596

london
reviews: 2
3. Re: Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

Take a look at Kajane Mua - the best hotel we have stayed in by far. Set far back from monkey forest road (you would never know it was there). Own private villa overlooking river ravine, each villa with it's own private infinity pool with jacuzzi section. Complete opulant luxury, seclusion and tranquility. Staff amaxing - helpful in every way without being intrusive. Balinese style fittings etc, beautiful bathrooms - one with walk in shower, the other semi open air with terazzo bathtub! Also brand new so the rates are good. Beji Kila has the best view.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

Thanks for the info guys ...

in the end, I had already decided to do the Ubud bit of our holiday (minimum 4 nights accom.) as part of a flight package which makes it cheaper from Australia. This meant booking from the usual suspects which appear in the travel brochures, so I went with Kamandalu. I've also booked Puri Madawi in Seminyak, and a villa at Playgrounds in Nusa Lembongan (more basic, but recommended by friends).

Because it's the high season, an intrepid approach like finding something in person wouldn't be such a good idea.

Anyway, we're hoping I've found some gems. We're leaving in 2 days, and I'll make sure I give my reviews to this forum when I return. Wish me luck - last time we arrived in Bali it was the morning after the bomb ...

Asia
reviews: 40
5. Re: Where to stay in Ubud between Alila Ubud or Waka Namya (aka...

Kamandalu is nice, but some rooms don't have a view....since you've booked with them already, when you check in, if your room dones't have a view, ask them if they can change it...

I was going to suggest the Royal Pita Maha (not Pita Maha). Some friends just came back from there 2 weeks ago and loved it. Great view, good service. very nice and romantic! ;-)