We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best driver

Which Ubud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
adelaide
best driver

Our driver while in Bali was Herry from Drivers with Distinction. He was prompt, polite, knowledgable and keen to answer any questions about Bali"s people custom and culture. I would recommend him highly .His price was very reasonable and on most days we went well over the 8hour day trip we were charged for.

New York City
reviews: 145
1. Re: best driver

I have been coming to Bali for over ten years and usually stay for 4-6 weeks at a friend's villa near Ubud. We hire a driver called Ketut Suwitra and he is looking for a bit more work. His mobile is: 0813 381 44305

He is a very kind, gentle and reliable person. Dad is a priest at his village temple and he worked for four years at the ARMA museum in Ubud and so knows a lot about art. But the other things is he has years of experience driving around all the expats who live in Jakarta and come up for the weekend so he knows all the best places to eat and shop and is totally aware of what foreigners like. He would never take people to some tacky store or to a place with bad food. He always finds us the most amazing places to go and the most gorgeous temple ceremonies. We have stopped usnig a guide book and just rely on Ketut now.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: best driver

We came back for Bali 1 wk ago for our 2nd Honeymoon since my hubby & me got married in 2004. We were there from 3 days & engages Dewa Made Suwastinka for a day tour.

He was knowleagable & brought us there after we shared w him some of the interesting places like Tanah Lot & Monkey Forest that we didn't want to miss out. I love to eat Kueh Lapis and he brought me to the place that i could buy a few boxes for myself & my family. One thing i would like to share is he didnt charge us more after our 1 day tour with him; ended @ 7pm. We were very pleasant with his excellent service provided.

Here is his contact:

mobile phone: 081 338 758 909

+62 81 338 758 909

email: dewa_suwat@hotmail.com

dewa_suwat@yahoo.com

Los Angeles
reviews: 1
3. Re: best driver

what were the rates in USD (approximately) for a day trip?

nunya
reviews: 25
4. Re: best driver

I find most drivers in bali are happy to please , will take you anywhere you want to go & sometimes without the high prices some of the most talked about drivers charge .

a group of us got a man from our hotel , very nice car , exceeded our expectations with his help and willingness to please , we were gone for hours and he only charged us 150,000

it pays to look around and if someone yells out " transport" to you ask them to look at their car , if you know you will need a driver and the car is fine , then organise it with him there and then .

Drivers with Distinction , come highly recommnded , but there are too many posts about them from people ,with no other posts besides the drivers for my liking ....sounds like touting , and if they are as good as everyone says , then they wouldnt need to make up identities and post about themselves .

And they are not the only drivers i have noticed this with ..... just be carefull , that because they come highly recomended , that your not being charged too much .

cheers

batt

5. Re: best driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 12, 2009