We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to eat in saur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
place to eat in saur

we are due to stay in sanur for 12 nights at the beginning of sept. Does anyone know of good places to eat or equally places to avoid. we like most food but like to sample local food.

thanks

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
1. Re: place to eat in saur

Look at the inside pages for Sanur under dining.

I don't visit Sanur a lot but always go to the Cat and Fiddle. It's an irish pub that has the best guiness pie and mashed potato and gravy (sometimes I crave something different than Indonesian food). Go on Tuesday or Sunday night if you can as the owners play. Lots of expats go so get there early. Great fun.

On the beach the Bonsai restaurant has great food for a budget price. Walk out the back to view the amazing bonsai trees.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 8
2. Re: place to eat in saur

You can't go past Randy's Restaurant, it a very clean and cozy place to eat breakfast lunch or dinner, they also have a bar area to sit for a drink. The food is fantastic with a variety of Indonesian, English and Australian dishes, my favourites are the sweet and sour chicken, ginger chicken with cashews and shepards pie, the burgers are also great, you can even get a good old aussie meat pie, they will also do take away for certain dishes. I eat here every night when I am in Sanur and I have never become sick which can still happen when eating in Bali. Randy's is named after the first born son of the owners Penny and Wayan who are often at the restaurant chatting with customers, Penny is Canadian and this is where the english influence on the menu has come from. I highly recomend Randy's as a great place to eat or just have drink at the bar and chat with the friendly staff. Randy's is located on the main street in sanur on the corner opposite the Lotus pond restaurant the address is Jl Tamblingan 17, phone- 288 962.

western australia
reviews: 117
3. Re: place to eat in saur

Hi

Recently had a great meal at Parlay, fusion style east meets west. Had a great ravioli stuffed with pumpkin and goats cheese with a coriander and ginger cream sauce. Desserts looked awesome. Also on Jl. Danau Tamblingam

Queensland...
reviews: 1
4. Re: place to eat in saur

Hi BAZNLAZ

I also would recomend the Bonsai Restaurant.

It's right on the beach front cool casual and yummy food of all types.

Every time we go to Bali we stay half or trip in Kuta and half in Sanur.

And everytime, we eat at the Bonsai a fair share of our meals.

All breakfast , lunch and tea what could be nicer

Definately go out through the back of the restaurant and check out

ALL the bonsais ranging from tiny to HUGE.100's of years old.

You cant miss the Bonsai Resaturant if you are walking along the beach front you will actually walk right through it.

They have seating eithr inside or overlooking the beach under a beach shelter.With a nice sand floor cool drink in your hand and breeze on your face checking out the view.What could be better.

Actually wish i was there right now!!!!!!

Do you self a favour visit this place and try a Calzone..

My mouths watering just thinking about it.

Julie

melbourne
reviews: 2
5. Re: place to eat in saur

i was in sanur in 2005, so hope this is still useful, stayed at besakih hotel, and along the beach by the markets are little places that serve the best food, best bar/hangout is gazebo, sit at the outdoor bar with a cold bintang beer; and they do an amazing seafood bbq platter for dinner-fantastic($); bennos corner cafe, (cents)which is actually on the beach! is the best breakfast/lunch place, and warung bob marley for dinner(cents), really can't get better than that...also went to la luciola ($$) in seminyak for dinner - best mai tais and the best bathrooms, go to watch the sun go down, it is just perfect, and a short walk along the beach there is the trendy/cool 'ku da ta' restaurant/nightclub where you can sit at outside 'sunken tables' and do some moon gazing- they also have amazing bathrooms($$)

6. Re: place to eat in saur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 19, 2009