We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 more weeks!

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
reviews: 22
4 more weeks!

4 weeks until the long haul flight from London Heathrow.

Staying at Griya Santrian and can't bloody wait to get there now!

Any tips on a first night meal for the Wife and I ??

Regards, Grahame

9 replies to this topic
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
1. Re: 4 more weeks!

Hi Grahame - not long then eh? This is very much a personal thing, but staying near the Griya Santrian I would opt for Mona Lisa or Three Monkeys, both on the main street Jl Danau Tamblingan. Have a look on the Sanur restaurant reviews section of TA for more options though.

The long haul flight going there is much better than the long haul flight back.

Kent
2. Re: 4 more weeks!

Hi HNB

Love the look of Mona Lisa and many others!

So Much choice so will probably end up somewhere completely different!

We want to book the Bali safari & Marine Park in Gianyar and would like to know where would be the best reliable place to book this?

Many Thanks

G

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
3. Re: 4 more weeks!

If you don't want to book direct, you could book via Nicks Tours in Sanur. The shop isn't far from the Griya Santrian on the opposite side of the road.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
reviews: 41
4. Re: 4 more weeks!

Mona Lisa gets my vote too. Very close to your hotel.

Little Bird Warung is also worth a visit, great local place with a band. it's a little bit more of a walk though so maybe save for a night you haven't just gotten off a long haul flight.

Queensland
reviews: 31
5. Re: 4 more weeks!

Oh I like Three Monkeys!! Mona Lisa is a little more casual I thought, but might be good for your jetlagged selves :)

Perth, Australia
reviews: 13
6. Re: 4 more weeks!

I wouldnt bother booking the safari park just arrange a driver and pay at the gate - get there early to beat the crowds and you may get some animals to your self - a few years ago hubby, mum and I had the baby lion to ourselves for about half an hour cause no one else showed up, we played with him and took hundreds of photos -great experience I will never forget.

Kent
7. Re: 4 more weeks!

Thank you all for the suggestions

Veg-tony: What time should we arrive at the park and how long does it take to get there from Sanur?

Many Thanks

G

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
8. Re: 4 more weeks!

both Mona Lisa and 3 monkeys are great I would sugest trying both have the pork belly at 3 monkeys its great

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
9. Re: 4 more weeks!

Mona Lisa gets my vote as just across the road. Went a couple of times Last week I decided not to have my usual of Prawn Chilli and had the Beef Rendang. Yummeeee

Reply to: 4 more weeks!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted