We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 22
where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Hi,

I do not want to use global roaming in Bali because of excessive cost.

But I may still require use of a mobile phone whilst in Bali.

I believe the way to go is to have an unlocked phone & buy a sim with value on it in Bali.

We are staying in Sanur.

Can any recommend where I can buy a iphone sim @ Sanur?

Cheers

coraki nsw
reviews: 3
1. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

hardy's supermarket to the right as you go in the doors. they will set it up for you.

adelaide
2. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Paul

I have sent you a PM

I have 2 actually and I am in Adelaide

Petrie, Australia
3. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Head to Hardys. to the right of entrance door and stuck tight in the corner. The girls will organise for you.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 237
4. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

I get mine from Hardy's when I am in Sanur.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 104
5. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Everybody beat me to it. Yes, head for Hardys and go upstairs to the first floor where there are a few booths that can organise an Indonesian sim card for you. That's the first thing I do each time in Sanur and will be doing on Saturday afternoon.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

How much to do these SIM cards cost? I really only want it for texting a few people and as I am going with mum in case we lose each other or something. Can you still access the internet (use the phone as you usually would) on these SIM cards or is that expensive to do. I assume the SIM cards are prepaid.

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 11
7. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Just get a SIM card at the airport. As you walk from the arrival terminal to the parking lot you'll pass two different providers selling SIM cards to arriving guests. These are Telkomsel and Indosat. They have a SIM cutter and they will install the card in your phone and subscribe to an internet package if you want.

As they are the official providers they sell the cards at the official price (no mark-up). Several shops in Bali selling SIM cards will stick a higher price on the official price that is printed on the SIM card package.

HCM
8. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

I will go to Bali in next Thursday. I want to find a cheap hotel, near the sea and the market because I want to buy a lot of gift.

Please show me.

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 36
9. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

I just paid 10 000rp for one on the 17th Sept. In January I paid 5 000rp but someone posted a thing that said the prices had gone up so I was fine paying the 10 000rp. A lot of places were trying to sell it to me for 150 000 or more.

Is the one at Hardy's the same as at the airport with no markup do you know?

Perth, Australia
reviews: 36
10. Re: where to buy a mobile phone sim in Bali?

Oh, and that one I bought in September, will it be good for January? or do I need to get another one?