We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud to Sanur to Seminyak

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
Ubud to Sanur to Seminyak

Hi guys

Hoping someone can help us make a good decision. This is our first time in Bali and have done a bit of research on places to stay. We were planning to stay five nights in Sanur and five nights in Seminyak but decided it would be nice to go to Ubud. We think to save time on the road that Ubud, Sanur and then Seminyak is the way to go. We have booked the last five days in Seminyak so could go to Sanur first and then Ubud???

If we go to Ubud first, does anyone know how much a taxi is to get there or is it better to try and organise a transfer from the hotel. We arrive around 4pm on a Sunday.

Thanks for any info.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 32
1. Re: Ubud to Sanur to Seminyak

I'm doing the same 3 in November but going Sanur to Ubud to Seminyak. After sitting on a plane for however many hours, I don't really want to sit in a car for another hour to hour and a half (traffic depending) and its quickest to get to Sanur than to Ubud or Seminyak.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
2. Re: Ubud to Sanur to Seminyak

Ballpark figure for a taxi should be around 195000Rp from the airport to Ubud. If opting for this, do maybe have a map of where the hotel is in case the taxi driver doesn't know. With a car organised by the hotel you don't have this problem, but some Ubud hotels charge absolutely stupid amounts for transfers; I would say if they offer a transfer at anything less then 250000Rp I'd go for the hotel transfer.

But I have to say, that I'm with Anna here, after the flight I'd be inclined to do the short journey from the airport to Sanur, crash there, relax, chill, have a beer. Then after 5 days move on to Ubud.

Do bear in mind that finding a taxi in Ubud is like trying to find a pub in London that *doesn't* have an Aussie bartender. You may rarely find one having just done a drop off and looking for a fare back south but don't rely on this. Fortunately there are hundreds of transport touts in Ubud who will happily ferry you down to Seminyak (ballpark figure around 180-200000Rp). Again compare this to any transfer that the hotel can offer you before making your decision.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Ubud to Sanur to Seminyak

Thanks for the advice. Your right, after hanging around airports etc the shorter journey to Sanur seems the better option. We leave in a couple of weeks so really looking forward to our first time in Bali.

4. Re: Ubud to Sanur to Seminyak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 09, 2014