We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 3
JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

Day 3 began with a sleep in for me, yay first in a looong time. I woke at the leisurely hour of 8:30am. Mr soon to be 40 had given the kids some brekky and had some toast himself. As I yawned and stretched Taid and Nain came over and said they were walking into town for a coffee. I immediately jumped into action and was dressed before they could blink, I then felt a tug on my leg “muu-uum I wanna come too” whinged terrible two, so off we went leaving Mr soon to be 40 to put bad baby down for his morning nap.

Terrible two actually walked most of the way, and it was a pleasure to have some one on one time with him. We walked with Taid and Nain to Ramay Resto on the main street and ordered coffees and a milkshake. Taid and Nain both made use of the free WiFi, and terrible two tugged on Nains arm until she youtubed Elmo for him, I then quickly checked facebook (the first and only time of this technology free holiday). I had a message from friends who had just arrived in Tuban, staying at the Kartika, we didn’t want to head over to the west side this trip as we’ve done that many times but never stayed in Sanur, so weren’t going to see them until the birthday celebrations. I also had a FB message from a friend working as a Chiropractor in Bali, unfortunately we never ended up being able to catch up due to two small children and his work constraints, oh well next trip, I think he’ll be there he loves the chaos of Kuta (anyone want a recommendation for a great chiro pm me).

Terrible two and I wandered down to Hardys to buy some mozzie coils, water and any sort of time telling device (no mobile phones = no time). The travel clocks were ~250k so we bought a full sized house clock for 30k and left it at the Villa (NOTE: I brought over my own reusable shopping bags, please consider this as plastic bags are a major source of litter in Bali). We then sought somewhere that would do T/A for lunch for myself and three starving males and found Manik Organik. We waited quite a while (why is it that all T/A’s seem to take longer than dine in meals?) for peanut butter and banana brown bread sandwhiches, two nasi gorengs, and a bag of banana chips. Total came to 227k. I also bought a fabulous Bintang stainless steel water bottle as a birthday pressie for Mr soon to be 40 from the boys (150k). I enjoyed the nasi goreng however Mr soon to be 40 who is not a fan of tofu, tempeh, or anything hippy, didn’t enjoy it quite as much :D

Terrible two and I then caught a taxi back to the Villa, it had been really lovely to have the one on one time with him. He is a lovely little boy at times just the terrible twos have caught up with him! The rest of the arvo consisted of eating, sleeping and swimming, the highlight was me almost stepping on a snake slithering past our gate, I hate snakes and apparently this one was quite poisonous :shudder:

At 4:30 we took off to The Village for dinner, having a glance in the shops on the way and meeting Taid and Nain there at 6pm. From this night on Taid and Nain wouldn’t eat dinner with us as 6/6:30pm was too early for Nain to eat for the next 7 nights of the holiday. Apart from the company the food was delicious, the boys shared a quatro pizza (1/4 ham, ¼ cheese, ¼ green pepper, ¼ mushroom) so I figured that took care of their veggie intake, hey we’re on holidays and its damn hard to get veggies into terrible two! I had Tonno siciliana (tuna) and Mr soon to be 40 had pollo schnitzel, if he could eat chicken parmigana and chips every day on holidays he’d be a happy man…I mean even happier man! We then bribed the boys to finish pizza with ice cream – who does that! While I had a ginger crème brullee with a cashew nut rum cream, it was insanely good. Total (with Taid and Nain eating calamari – Taids attempt at keeping the peace) came to 523k.The only problem we had with The Village, and we went back numerous times, was we made the mistake of sitting next to the woodfired pizza oven, outside with no fans, so it was hot. Every other time we sat inside. Wonderful food and service.

My men and I caught a taxi back to the Villa, put the boys to bed and we stayed up and drank Bintangs, played Bananagrams, and Taid eventually joined us, solo. Of course I won :).

Tomorrow we will be meeting up with friends who are staying at the Hyatt with their two little girls, miss tomboy (16 months) and miss precocious four (whom terrible two absolutely adores).

*we’re heading off for long weekend this arvo so Day 4 won’t be up until next week, thanks for reading!*

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 30
1. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

Another awesome report.

It is really nice to spend one on one time with each child. I still do it even with my 2 boys, and they are 13 & 16yrs.

Sue

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

Sitting here in the miserable rain and feeling the Bali blues , dont go til JUne so your JBR puts a real smile on my face, maybe can pick up a cheap fare before.

Loved reading

cheers

Mandurah, Western...
reviews: 7
3. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

Sweltering still here in Perth but not the same as Bali - no one to make my dinner, clean my room, give me an $8 massage or hand me a nice clean pool towel! Thanks for the report - love reading them all so far :-)

Golden Beach...
reviews: 74
4. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

I all continue to read your blogs while I am in Bali next week, we will be staying in Sanur at end of our 2 week holiday.

Your step mum sounds a wee bit difficult, glad to read that your dad can still have time with his family while together on holidays.

Perth, Australia
5. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

Lovebaligirl - try $6 massages and $4 foot massage/reflexology both one hour :)

My dads wife, not stepmum, yes she is :(

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 8
6. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

We are staying just near the Village in June, and I look forward to checking it out now, I'll just be careful where we sit. I love one on one time with my kids too.

perth
reviews: 117
7. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

enjoying your jbrs.

i must be the only one who feels a bit sorry for your "dads wife". she is on holiday with some one who doesnt like her, with a baby and a toddler!

Cranbourne...
reviews: 55
8. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

You did it Walley......... "He is a lovely little boy at times"....... so you did trade Terrible two in, on an improved model. :-)

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 42
9. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

How lovely to spend some time with Mr Two - and he'll be entertained by Miss 4 soon....how nice will that be? Enjoying your JBR....thanks for sharing. I must try The Village when I'm there - in 8 weeks!

(And my dad had a second wife too.....I'm hearing you:)

Perth, Australia
10. Re: JBR Walleyworlds Vacation Day 3

I've been trying really hard not to bring the negativity in, but 3rd wife, she was lovely until they married and she's since had a complete personality change. I try very hard as I want my kids to have a good relationship with their grandparents.

Anyway off topic :D

As I won't be writing the next instalment for a few days I must mention the massages, we had all ours at Alam Bali, next to Swastika. They were great, my first was really deep (I have a bad upper back) and it was fabulous. The next time I had a male masseuse and it was more of a 'nice' massage rather than remedial. But at $6 bucks a pop who's complaining!

Greg- terrible two actually has been having quite a few more pleasant moments so maybe the old switcheroo did happen?