We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

Hi

If we want a change from drinking bottled water, is it safe to drink fruit drinks and smoothies from the cheaper cafes, or only in hotels? I presume you wouldn't risk it from a street cart!

Thanks muchly.

Darwin, Australia
reviews: 35
11. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

My kids, hubby & I indulged in milkshakes, smoothies & juices in January & July (July was minus husband). We (kids & I) had ice with the juices, softies etc. & the only one who got irritated (BB perhaps) was hubby. Whilst I had cocktails by the pool, kids had shakes or juices & we were fine. In my opinion, I dont think it always comes down to a case of BB or not....but whether you have a cast iron gut or not!! I seem to have one & hubby not, whether we travel in Australia or OS to Bali, Africa or the US!! For hubby a change in beer can make him crook......whether at home or OS.

12. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:42 am, August 29, 2013
Edited: 4:42 am, August 29, 2013
Adelaide
reviews: 15
13. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

While we are on the subject, I love the orange juice you get with breakfast that tastes like its mixed with something else like "tang" or something. I'm not a lover of orange juice but I really love that stuff. Tastes sweeter than normal orange juice. Maybe it's got cordial mixed with it.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 8
14. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

Have found out from a friend of mine that is a barman/ waiter that a lot of the juices have sugar syrup added. This is why they all taste so yummy and also explains my weight gain while in Bali. I always have at least half a doz fresh juices a day.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 22
15. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

the milk was probably uht rather than fresh milk which is why the kids did not like the taste (mine can't stand uht) - but I too love the juices (mango my fav)

Perth, Australia
16. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

Wow! Trying out juices will have to be a number one priority I can see!! My husband is a bit touchy - he was laid up for a day or two in Penang with a squeezed juice from an okay cafe.

So the general consensus seems to be that you shouldn't have to omit the ice in a drink, from most cafes.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Lombok, Indonesia
reviews: 5
17. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

Yes and do watch out for excess sugar, Indonesians seem to have extraordinarily high sugar tolerances.

18. Re: Fruit drinks / smoothies safe to drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 29, 2014