We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour taxis ?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
turkey
reviews: 25
24 hour taxis ?

Hi again, you can tell it's a sunday, I'm at the computer doing more and more research !

One hotel website I looked at said that the Airport taxi counter isn't open 24hrs but this my have been a ploy to get people to book their transfer service at double the taxi rate !

We arrive into Bali at 23.30 so am imagining it will take us a hour or so to get through so can anyone confirm that we will be able to get a taxi at the airport counter ?

It' s all coming together, Ubud is sorted, Gilis are sorted, Lombok flights sorted just the first few days we arrive in Bali now needs to be planned. Decided on Sanur after all so that it's close to the airport for when we fly over to Lombok (thanks Hercule, so glad you replied to me fast boat questions !) We've kind of fallen in love with Sunhouse and Jati Homestay so its time to make a decision and stick to it, but it's so hard.....and then what will I do in my spare time .... I've been "planning" and "researching" for about 4 months now.

I'll then be able to obsess about what to pack lol !

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 183
1. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

Taxis are available at the airport while ever there are planes arriving. It will cost you 95,000rp 'set' price to Sanur.

bunbury
reviews: 128
2. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

We arrived at midnight recently and there were plenty of taxi's. As previously stated if planes are arriving taxi's will be there. Taxi's are so much cheaper then the hotel transport!!

turkey
3. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

ok, thanks, I've been reassured...once again,! You people out there are so very helpful and kind with it

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 2
4. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

Hi seaprincess,

Taxis drivers will be all over you as the counter will be already closed by midnight. Just bargain for the cost.

Hope this helps,

Sandra

Perth
reviews: 27
5. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

Agree with Sandra.

Keep in mind that a taxi to Sanur in a metered taxi is about 65,000 to 75,000 rupiah. The taxi counter when open will charge you 95,000 and taxi drivers, other than Blue-bird, will quote you somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000.

So you may have to haggle to get that figure down to what a metered taxi, like Bluebird, will charge you.

Blue bird doesn't have the licence to pick up passengers at the airport, though I have in the past always caught one after they've dropped passengers at departures. Departures is about 100m to the right on exit/taxi counter.

Baring any major hold-ups, It shouldn't take you much more than half an hour to exit the airport.

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 2
6. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

Dropped off point now are on the same area, balirunner. Arrival, Departure, Domestic Flight or International use the same area during the airport expansion project.

But you can find the taxi drivers offering their service since you are out from the arrival gate till the car park area, seaprincess.

Cheers,

Sandra

Lombok, Indonesia
reviews: 5
7. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

Hi seaprincess,

I think you will find that Taxi Service counter is open when you come in, if not then make sure you don't pay more than Rp100,000 maximum to get to your destination in Sanur.

The set fee to Sanur is Rp95,000, and as mentioned above a metered trip over the same distance is lower.

The Bluebird Taxis being mentioned are the taxi of choice in many parts of Indonesia where they can be found, including Bali and Lombok.

As they are so popular they do have imitators, the imitators often provide disappointment.

These links will assist in identifying one, they look the same everywhere, Lombok and Bali included.

bluebirdgroup.com/passenger-transportation/r…

bluebirdgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04…

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 65
8. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

I was under the impression that the taxi counter was open as long as flights were arriving.

I once exited the terminal at 1AM and the taxi counter was still open.

As previously said, just in case, remember the set cost of the taxi counter and stay firm around that price.

turkey
9. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

thankyou !! As long as we get where we are going for the correct price or thereabouts, that's fine !! Only 2 months and 21 days to go !!

10. Re: 24 hour taxis ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 27, 2013