We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying DVD'S

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
western australia
reviews: 1
buying DVD'S

We are staying at the Besakih, arriving Monday, and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good place nearby that sells DVD's ?

Australia
reviews: 15
11. Re: buying DVD'S

Hi, We are going to Bali for the first time ever on 11th oct, also staying at the Besakih. Please let us know all your thoughts on the Resort and bali in general when you come back .

Thank you

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 5
12. Re: buying DVD'S

I understand why the local people sell products like this and I'm not going to have any problem with them, but my boyfriend works in the film industry and it is a bit galling when people buy fake DVDs. Not everyone who works in the industry is well paid and many crew work on a points basis where they receive money once the film makes money. The more illegal copies are sold the less likely this money is to come the way of the people who actually deserve it.

I am also not interested in fake designer handbags and I don't download music illegally either.

Sanur, Bali...
reviews: 6
13. Re: buying DVD'S

Price for one should be 10.000

buy 10 get 4 free

20/9

30/14

40/19

50/26

etc

100/70

melbourne
reviews: 14
14. Re: buying DVD'S

then kathryn, u had better not go to bali full stop,,,,,,,,,, the whole island is full of fakes, so u wont be buying anything, and you'll b saving a packet.........*LOL*

maryborough
15. Re: buying DVD'S

hello everyone, advice please!!! have not been to bali since 1999. taking 13yr daughter. depart 7th oct.. for 12 days... first have been reading the posts about DVD;s thanks for the insight re pirated copies Hmmm do they really do that ?? Like your post aussiewoman57..

accomodation - want to stay in budget/ackpackers kuta/tuban and ubud. - do u have t book or just walkin .. the anniversary is on the 12th,, does it get busy with more tourists around that time?

usually shop in bangkok for dvds, DS games etc.. how is bali for electricals lke mobile phones, DS games/ cameras, anyone reccomend a jewellers, have a ring to be remodeled and a chain to fix,, await replys thanks

melbourne
reviews: 14
16. Re: buying DVD'S

hi budget shopper,

i always stay at bakungsari hotel which is in kuta, and close to everything, i pay about $30 a night in a standard room, or u can pay around $35-$38 for a superior room, which includes breaky every day.i booked it through direct rooms as there cheaper than a lot of others, as for a jeweller, there's mrs pak, who has a small shop in kartika plasa st, inside a hotel called bali rani, she is recommended by a lot of people, i will b going to see her when i get back there, this will b my 20th trip and going on 29th nov.

if there is anything else u would like to know, feel free to send me a private message.

regards vicki

Perth
reviews: 15
17. Re: buying DVD'S

With the availability of movie downloads nowadays I'd be surprised if the DVD places still do anything like the business they used to.

Of course, I would never do such a thing and nor would any of the good people here on TA.

;-)

Melbourne, Australia
18. Re: buying DVD'S

I'm off to Bali in 6 days!(not that I'm counting :P) I'm planning on buying around 100 dvd's for friends and family. Is there issues getting these back into AUS??

Frankston Australia
reviews: 52
19. Re: buying DVD'S

You should have no problems bringing DVD's back to Aus.....My daughter returned less than 2 weeks ago with over 380 genuine Bali Dvd's................She checked them all out with her laptop or in store and any faulty ones were cheerfully exchanged.........

20. Re: buying DVD'S

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, March 20, 2011