We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ubud hanging garden hotel

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
east midlands
reviews: 6
ubud hanging garden hotel

hi all,

my partner and i are staying in Sanur for 3 weeks in June/ July on a return trip to Bali. we are thinking of staying somewhere really special for a night whist we are there (its our anniversary) and we have been looking at the hanging gardens in Ubud- has anyone been? ive read the reviews, so know it seems to be a good choice. was also wondering if anyone has booked a room there once in Bali as its quite pricey to book before you go (cheepest quote we have found is £320 per night!).

also, if anyone could recommend an equally special, but cheeper alternative, i would be VERY grateful!!

thank you

Asia
reviews: 41
1. Re: ubud hanging garden hotel

Hi,

UHG is very nice. It is however, quite far from Ubud Centre, so you would have to factor cost of meals if you want to stay there - do you want to eat at the hotel and pay hotel prices or would you rather get out - which means that you have to pay for transport - as well?

The views are quite nice, but I didn't find it very private.

I actually like the views and the private pool at the Royal Pita Maha - I have stayed there a few times and while I do find the huge statue at the entrance very OTT, the rooms are quite simple, but the lovely view can be seen from everywhere in your villa and the private pool is a very decent size . I guess it depends on what you want. I normally go for pool and view. And it's about USD400 a night, which I think you can try to haggle for less...

I have also heard nice things about the Viceroy (esp the food) and what about Komaneka Tanggayuda?

east midlands
reviews: 6
2. Re: ubud hanging garden hotel

thank you for tyour advise- i will definately have a look at the other hotels you mention.

Fern

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
3. Re: ubud hanging garden hotel

Hi,

When I stayed there I didn't find the privacy to be a big concern but I agree the Villa are close to one another.

The experience was nice, all the point given by jade are valid. The restaurant is nice but eating there can be pricey.

You are a good 30 minutes drive away from Ubub Center.

I stayed in october 06, so I don't know how the hotel has aged.

Komaneka Bisma could also be an option in the Center of Ubud.

4. Re: ubud hanging garden hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, October 13, 2010