We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on where to stay in Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Busselton WA
reviews: 1
Confused on where to stay in Sanur

We are in the process of booking our annual holiday to Sanur. For the past 5 years we have stayed at the Paradise Plaza suites and it has been great for our kids (aged 6 and 9). This year we are wanting a sea change and trying to find something suitable on the beach. I think I have looked at way too many places and have now completely confused myself. We are looking for a 2 bedroom villa or hotel with connecting rooms.

Anyway we have shortlisted to Ponduk Ayu, Puri Ayu, Palm Garden, or Besakih

And that is my short list!!!

Can anyone give me feedback on these places in regards to suitability for the kids, breakfast/meals, pools, position, cost, etc.

We know Sanur pretty well after 5 years and love it.

Dare I say if you know of another place more suitable let me know!!

Thanks

Vanessa

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 45
1. Re: Confused on where to stay in Sanur

Have not stayed at any of these, but am wondering if you have checked any reviews on Tripadvisor for those you have narrowed it down to? Have a look whilst you wait to hear from others who may have stayed and can give you some feedback.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
2. Re: Confused on where to stay in Sanur

Palm Garden isn't on the beach. It's about a 2 min walk from Stiff Chilli on the beach down the road towards the roundabout at the bottom on Jl Danau Tamblingan. So if you're heading for the beach you'll need to rent sunbeds there, easily done and you can get a pair of sunbeds there and a parasol for 20000Rp.

The free Simple Breakfast in the Palm Garden is literally toast, jam and butter, but you can buy other meals, the usual egg based breakfasts or mie/nasi goreng - quite cheap and tasty. There's one pool there, quite small with a handful of sunbeds. If you look at my Profile at my Reviews, you'll see a review as well as pics.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 69
3. Re: Confused on where to stay in Sanur

Puri Ayu isn't on the beach, either, it's a 3 minute walk to a group of restaurants and shops on the beach. The beach area that Puri Ayu has isn't, in my opinion, the best. If you aren't into the beach so much, it isn't a problem.

The resort itself has 2 pools, 1 large and central to the bar and restaurant, the other small and in the older area (this one is usually empty).

The breakfast is a buffet style, simple but more than adequate. Egg station, bacon, sausage, Nasi and Mei Goreng, Cap Cay, toast, pancakes, juices, tea and coffee, fruit etc.

The older 2 bedroom garden villas are huge. 2 big bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full large kitchen, dining and living rooom and it's in it's own gated courtyard with a small bale. The internal area alone is larger, by far, than my son's 2 bedroom unit here in Australia.

If you need any further info, please just ask.

Ponduk Ayu is no where near the beach. It's down a driveway in the back blocks of Sanur and I wouldn't like to walk to the beach and back from there.

If the beach is important to you, though, my pick would be the Besakih.

Eindhoven, The...
reviews: 137
4. Re: Confused on where to stay in Sanur

Hi,

Allthough it is not right on the beach, I would highly recommend Baliberg villa, you can read my review on this tripadvisor too.

They have free bikes available, so you will be at the beach in a couple of minutes, the nearest beach is in front of Mercure hotel. But as we loved the bike riding a lot, as so did our kids, we crossed the whole village by bikes and tried several beached.

Baliberg villa has rooms for 2 persons, but also a beautiful large villa with several bedrooms, bathrooms, a huge veranda overlooking the beautiful pool area, lot of things to play with for the kids, very childfriendly staff, a lovely little dog, cosy breakfast area.

The villa is very well priced, at the service is huge, free airport pick-up and return.

You can also look the photos on www.zoover.nl and then choose Bali and the Balibergvilla, you can see that all the guest were satisfied.

Kind regards,

Sylvia from Holland

5. Re: Confused on where to stay in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, May 28, 2010