We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough england
reviews: 32
price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

can anyone help with letting me know the cost of beer in either hotel i know it will be a lot cheaper on the streets but would want to relax at hotel in evening so would be grateful if someone will answer my question, also are there any bars within walking distance in case drinks are to pricey!!!

thanks in advance

Sanur Bali
reviews: 25
1. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

The beer prices in both places are highly inflated. When you look at the price remember the ++ bit which will add another 20% to the printed price.

I buy small Bintang beers for less than 8,000 rupiah. Both of the hotels you mention will sell them to you at 4 times that price.

When at the Hyatt walk out to the street and turn south. Both Bistro 95 and Apa Kabar are a short distance away. They are both nice bars.

On the beach side of the Hyatt again turn south, Bamboo Bar and Sanur Bay Restaurant are also both cheaper than the Hyatt and are nice places to sit. Sitting on the beach, under the trees at Sanur Bay Restaurant is a wonderful relaxing experience.

When at the Griya wander north to the Bonsai. A group of English expats gather at the bar there in the early afternoons. This crew have a wealth of knowledge about Bali. A crew of Australian expats often gather there as well. You can tell the difference, the Australain are far better looking and a lot more intelligent.

2. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:58 am, July 15, 2009
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 217
3. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

remember there is nothing stopping you from buying your own beer from the local supermarkets and keeping them in fridge in your room. we do this as well as mix our own duty free. this keeps the cost down if you don't feel like going out all the time. we have even taken a few drinks with us to the pool and beach sun loungers at the hyatt.

Leeds
4. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

Hi

I have just returned from another enjoyable stay at the Bali Hyatt.

The prices for food & drinks are obviously highly inflated from the restaurants outside.

e.g. small Bintang in the hotel (they don't have large ones is 39000 rupiah plus 21% tax outside we were getting them for a max of 26000.

Gin & tonic / vodka etc was 91000 rupiah outside they were 40000.

My hubby nearly had a heart attack when the bill for 400000 rupiah ( £25 ) came for 2 cheese burgers & 2 cokes at the grill restaurant around the pool. There are loads of places outside please don't use the hotel.

There is a bar called Apakabar ( our favourite ) which will stay open as long as you are drinking in it and it is only a 5 min walk from the hotel ( you need to turn left out of the hotel entrance on the roadside)

If you need anymore info re the hotel let me know we have stayed there 5 times over the last few years and love it and Sanur.

Perth,Australia
5. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

We stayed at the Griya for 8 day late june and loved it.I thought the prices of food & drink at the hotel were extremely reasonable (a lot better than what i expected !!)

Small Bintang = 19,000rp + 21%

Large Bintang = 31,000rp + 21%

** On the beach (Cafe/Restuarant) - Small Bintang 12,500rp

** 711 Shop on the beach just down from the Griya $?

I can't remember the price but it was even cheaper again !

With the exchange rate at 8200RP per AU$ verything was pretty cheap.

London
reviews: 25
6. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

These hotels never seem to get it ! Surely it makes better commercial sense to lower your prices and people would drink more (selling 10 beers at £1 each must be better than only selling 2 at £3 each )Have stayed at so many 4-5 * hotels in Thailand where the bar is empty every night because of the prices.We are staying at the Bali Hyatt in Sept and will be searching out the nearest supermarket to fill the fridge. Sue

7. Re: price of beer in bali hyatt and griya santrian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2010