We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth western...
Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

Hi everyone

We are going to Bali next March. I thought I had decided on the Griya Santrian in a Garden View room but the Besakih is next door and for the same price we coud stay in a Superior bungalow. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I keep changing my mind and I am driving my other half nuts.

Cheers Kathy

Sydney Australia
reviews: 28
1. Re: Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

both these hotels are next door to each other in a great position on Sanur beach really nice sandy beach out the front and close to the beach side restaurants.

They both have beautiful gardens, beach side restaurants, lovely pools and lots of character.

To me the main difference seemed to be that Besahkih(we stayed there 7 nights) was smaller and quieter, not as many kids at Besahkih it was more older couples strolling around and reading books by the pool.

The Griya had a busier vibe, kids jumping in the pool, bar busy at night, lots more people walking around.

Not much help sorry, I think the Griya is probably a bit more upmarket all round, but we loved our stay at the Besakih so much I would have trouble deciding between them!

Leicester, England
2. Re: Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

Hi

When are you planning on booking?

Am at the griya for christmas, can let you know when i get back if its not too late

craig

perth
reviews: 12
3. Re: Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

Hi

Griya is more upmarket than the Besakih. The Beaskih is a little tired, but maybe check and see if there has been a any refurb. Both in a really good location and very relaxing. We stayed for 6 weeks at Griya last year and loved it. We stayed in a deluxe Garden wing room, which is great, not sure about standard garden wing rooms, although I understand there has been a 3rd pool put in near standard garden wing rooms and a number of the rooms have been refurbished in the garden wing. You could request these direct with the hotel. We will also be there at christmas, so could let you know also, if it isnt too late???

perth western...
4. Re: Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

Thanks guys for your answers. I have come to the decision that we will stay at the Griya. Wish we were there for christmas!!!!! We are staying in Sanur for 4 nights and then in Legian at the Kumal Pantai.

Cant wait to be back in Bali again.

Cheers and thanks once again

Kathy

5. Re: Besakih or Griya for 4 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, October 14, 2009