We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voltage in Bali

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blackburn
Voltage in Bali

Hi everyone,

My partner is taking GHD hair straightners with her, these require quite a high level of voltage and don't always work in foreign countries, does she need a voltage converter or will they be ok?

Thanks

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 133
1. Re: Voltage in Bali

N o problems at all using GHDs in Bali - I always take mine and they are perfect. The only thing with me is that I find it a losing battle and end up attaching my hair somehow and just letting it curl:)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 183
2. Re: Voltage in Bali

your hair straighteners will work but you need an adapter. most hotels and villas have these which you can use if not they are very cheap to purchase in bali.

Blackburn
3. Re: Voltage in Bali

oh great thanks for your help.

Do you mean an adapter so it will fit into the plug? is it a 2 pin adapter or a different one?

Guildford, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Voltage in Bali

Actually I also was curious what the standard plug socket is in Bali - is it the 3 pin square type, 3 pin round or 2 pin? Sorry this is such a boring and mundane question. Also presume its 240v and not 110v?

Many thanks,

Australia
Destination Expert
5. Re: Voltage in Bali

its the two pin adapter you need. they are about $12 AUD depending where you buy them. or if you buy them in bali they are cheaper. voltage same as oz.

Blackburn
6. Re: Voltage in Bali

it is a boring subjest but it is something you need to know, i felt the same. I have the 2 pin adapters that i have taken to european countries and last year to the Carribean, will this adapter be ok?

Australia
Destination Expert
7. Re: Voltage in Bali

the adapter i use is a

korjo KA EU

it is an adapter that is suitable for

"europe, noumea, tahiti, bali, Parts of the middle east, asia and south america"

i know it doesn't work in malaysia i have a different one for there.

hope that helps you!

ps I take a double adapter as well as i often need to charge a phone, p/c, camera batteries etc and a double adapter is better than having to constantly check and change plugs about.

Newcastle, NSW
reviews: 7
8. Re: Voltage in Bali

Hello lee 987

I echo the above responses.The voltage in Bali is 220 volts and the adaptor you will require has 2 round prongs, the same as for Europe. Numerous places sell them including the airport.

Cheers

Blackburn
9. Re: Voltage in Bali

Thats fine, i already have these, thanks for all your help.

10. Re: Voltage in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, September 24, 2009