We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur highlights??

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 1
Sanur highlights??

G'day!

In Jan/Feb of 08, i'll be spending 12 days in Sanur with my friend We're both 19 year olds and love relaxing and adventure.

I've found out a fair bit of info on things to do away from Sanur, but what highlights or things would you recommend we see/do in Sanur? -eg good restaurant/bars, shops, sites.. etc etc Even good travel agents if we wanna book some adventure things, good money exchanger, etc etc...

Thanks again!

Beth

nunya
reviews: 25
11. Re: Sanur highlights??

if you get home sick for a feed of bangers and mash or something unaffordable here now , the crumbed lamb cuttlets with mash .....the piston broke cooks a wicked feed !

run by an aussie ex biker and his wife , well actually i think the wife does most of the work , but it has a good atmosphere along with it ...they will even play pool with you , till late if you want ! lol

cheers

batt

Adelaide
reviews: 52
12. Re: Sanur highlights??

Hi

I've just got back from Bali (yesterday.) We spent the first 5 days of our trip in Sanur. As recommended by trip advisor's popularity rating we booked at Puri Santrian & loved it.

If you're after a local travel agent to get you really cheap hotel rates & organise activities for you I can suggest Yani from Bali traveling.

www.balitraveling.com

She was a real find. There was nothing we wanted to do/see/book, that she couldn't get a better rate on, & even went out of her way to drive us places personally.

As for restaurants we were very impressed with Mezzanine which is annexed to Puri Santrian Resort - right next to it on the main road. It has excellent modern Thai cuisine & the ambiance & class could stand up to any Aussie restaurant - only you get better service in Bali(!!!) Good prices too e.g. hubby & I ordered 2 entrees, 1 main, 2 drinks, and 2 cocktails & paid less than $25AU. If you are staying at Puri Santrian you get 10% discount too.

Hope this helps!

Adelaide, Australia
13. Re: Sanur highlights??

thanks fosters!

glad you had a good trip!

we will be staying in bumi ayu bungalows, so we don't need to organise hotels (except maybe for ubud!), but yani from bali travelling sounds good. we will be looking for a tour guide in sanur to book all our fun things through.

whereabouts is that restaurant you mentioned? we'll check it out if we can find it.. what type of food? i eat anything, but my friend is a bit fussy :P

thanks again,

beth

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Red Centre
reviews: 23
14. Re: Sanur highlights??

Hi,

We were in Sanur for a week in October and had a fabulous time.

I can highly recommend Mandurah Spa ( 3 hours of pampering - massage, body scrub, flower bath, manicure for AU$25).

We had some great meals at Ming (French style - try the stuffed mushoom entree), Mossimo (Italian), Aladin - really good, cheap, mixed style (the Thai fish cakes are great as is the chicken cordon bleu).

Our guys found the coldest Bintang at picadilly.

Adelaide
reviews: 52
15. Re: Sanur highlights??

Hi again Beth

Mezzanine Restaurant is at the southern end of Sanur's main street, on the left hand side of Puri Santrian Resort.

It's modern Thai food but does Japanese too, sushi etc, and also some western food for the less adventurous. It was value for money, great food & a beautiful venue.

If you're going to Ubud, (we went there afte Sanur,) I'd recommend asking Yani about Kajane Mua villas. Read my post for that hotel in Ubud. Other travellers have also given Kajane fantastic reviews. It's more expensive thatn Puri Santrian, but we found all of Ubud accomodation to be more expensive. If you don't spend the $ in Ubud you can wind up with pretty lousy accommodation - like we did for the first night.

Anyway Yani from Bali Traveling,(spelt with one "l", - you can Google it,) got us a pool villa at Kajane for $170US per night. We did the rounds of Ubud on our 1st afternoon there trying to get a better hotel for less $ and couldn't find one, except maybe Alam Shanti, which we visited & was lovely, but was booked out.

Have fun!

Adelaide, Australia
16. Re: Sanur highlights??

g'day desert girl. mossimo and aladdin sound cool.. not too sure about the french place- but you never know!! thanks for that info.

and fosters- US$170 per night seems to blow our budget a bit haha! espesh considering bumi ayu (which is tops!) is about $40 including buffet breakfast... i dunno. if it's REALLY nice we're happy to pay a little bit more, but if theres somewhere equally as nice, but cheaper then id rather that! (of course lol)

i think we've got the lovina place sorted.. but might do a night in ubud as well...

17. Re: Sanur highlights??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 12, 2009