We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in Bali

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 1
Best beach in Bali

Can anyone tell me which part of Bali offers the best beach for swimming?

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 51
1. Re: Best beach in Bali

Hi Mege! If you compare Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa, Kuta and Sanur (all the most tourists area) the most suitable for swimming is Sanur - in front of Bonsai Restaurant on Sindhu beach (part of Sanur), at Kuta and Uluwatu are good for surfing, and others some have too much seaweed, corals, hi tuds, and strong waves/ under sea flow.

Singapore
reviews: 1
2. Re: Best beach in Bali

Thanks marala. Would look for a resort/villa around there.

Bali, Indonesia
3. Re: Best beach in Bali

Hi Mege! There is a lot of villas and hotels there, for any budget. Could you please give the range of your budget per night? And what the facilities is the "must" for you?

Bali, Indonesia
4. Re: Best beach in Bali

Hi Mege! There is a lot of villas and hotels there, for any budget. Could you please give the range of your budget per night? And what the facilities is the "must" for you?

Jakarta
5. Re: Best beach in Bali

Hi Mege,

it all depends on the kind of beach you have in mind. If you're the kind of person who likes to meet new people or don't mind swimming with the crowds, try Kuta or Sanur Beach. Plus you can shop and visit clubs.

Less crowded one would be Jimbaran Beach. Here you'll find sandy beaches and the waves are quite friendly. While you're there, you could also dine fresh seafood and watch sunset.

But if you prefer something quiet or secluded, look for hotels that have private beaches. I've been to Conrad hotel, and the beach there is quite nice. Even though the beach is not that private as others who stay at the neighbouring hotels can jog and walk pass it, it's clean and pretty quiet particularly during off-peak season or weekdays. Plus the pool is one of the best out there, and that's not surprising since Conrad is a five-star hotel.

I heard that Grand Hyatt hotel has a private beach that can only be accessed by their guests, yet can't say much about it since I've never been there. Good luck!

Newin - Jakarta

6. Re: Best beach in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 20, 2009