We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

We are heading to Bali soon and want a few womens clothing items made. What do we need to look out for, what is a reasonable price to pay, and who can you recommend?

11 replies to this topic
Brighton, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

We just returned from Bali and used Continental Bali Tailor on the main street out of Nusa Dua, just past the traffic lights on the left as you are driving out of Nusa Dua.

They were very helpful. We probably paid a little more than we would ahve in Kuta but it was close to where we were staying.

My husband had 2 3-piece suits made which are excellent and I had a dress and matcing jacket made. We took samples for them to copy off for my husbands where as mine was from a picture.

My husband's suits are both pure wool whereas I went for a blend option and we paid $AUD750 for all of them - the price they originally wanted for one suit :) We are really happy with them.

In Kuta, you can get some as low as $100 - $150 per men's suit so I assume women's clothing will also be cheaper but I don't know a tailor to recommend particularly in that area.

Tell them Mike and Courtney sent you :)

Darwin
reviews: 34
2. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

Courtney, did your tailoring include your own material or the tailor's material?

Anita, we have used Suzi's tailor in Kuta a number of times and have never had a problem with them, we have used their material and other times we have taken our own material, if you are interested I can find their business card for you.

sydney australia
reviews: 108
3. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

Where are you staying I use a great tailor at Tangjung Benoa - a short cab ride away - it might work for you

Darwin
4. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

Hello our001, can you please message me with the details of your tailor too, I don't fancy going into Kuta, it seems a fair distance away.

sydney australia
5. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

I use Bimo Bali Collection and have been going there for 12 years.

Jalan Pratama at Tangjung Benoa.

The easy way to find the shop is to head to the Peninsula Beach Resort - on the Nusa Dua side of the resort is a sports bar with wooden steps - opposite these steps is the shop

Dark Green walls - double glass doors on either side of floor to ceiling glass windows with mannequins in the window , set back a little bit from the rdway.

open 10 till 10 7 days a week - ask for Bimo

huge range of mens and womans - and lots of shoes etc on display as well

normally 50 % deposit in cash and remander on pick up

He is not the cheapest - but his cut and style - and quality of work is pretty good - we think its worth while - and we wear his shoes / suits on a daily basis

Darwin
6. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

Thank you very much, cheers

7. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:03 pm, July 09, 2013

Brighton, United...
reviews: 7
8. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

Only just noticed this - sorry!

Our tailor prices included fabric :) he would have delivered but we were there such a short time so we picked up on the way to the airport.

Brisbane, Australia
9. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

will Bimo come to our resort for fitting. I'd love to get some dancing shoes made. Staying at Grand Mirage

sydney australia
10. Re: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali

I was much dissapointed in May of 2013 when I was in Tanjung Benoa - and Bimo 's business had closed down. His dad had died and he moved back to Java - where he took over his fathers business.

There was a new tailoring business, I did get some casual trousers made for a good price and the quality was great.

They are unlikely to come to the resort - but its not very far to walk down the rd, no more than 5 mins walk.

Reply to: Tailor advice in Nusa Dua, Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted