We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 9
Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

(I have put a more appropriate heading on this and re-posted from earlier question)

Hi all, the family is staying at the Novotel Nusa Dua in September and we were wondering should we pay in advance for the buffet breakfast at US$10 each or have breakfast locally? Are there any restaurants that serve breakfast within walking distance? I am sure the cost would not be $40 US for the four of us - but I am told the buffet is good.

Any tips appreciated

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

How long are you staying there?

I only ever eat expensive breakfasts in the hotel when it is included in my room rate. It is normally considerably cheaper to eat outside the hotel.

Having said that a hotel buffet breakfast for only $10pp is a bargain by Australian standards. You would pay 3 or 4 times that amount in Brisbane. Perhaps you could splurge once or twice and eat outside the hotel on other days?

Can't help with any recommendations as I haven't stayed in ND for years sorry.

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

Thanks Harley B -we are there for 8 nights

Adelaide S.A.
reviews: 78
3. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

I am thinking that maybe they do not charge for your kids to eat, as usaully this standard of hotel in Bali would charge $20pp for breakfast. If this is right and the price just equates to $10pp (4 people) then I guess its up to how much you and they will eat. You would probably get breakfat out for $6 but would be nothing like the buffet the hotel would put on. It also depends on the age of your kids. It could be good value if you would like them to try different things, as it does not matter if they do not like it as it can be left and something else tried. Also if you have tours booked it is easier to be able to have breakfast at the hotel as you will be picked up early for your tours. The hotel usaully put on an awesome spread so $10 sounds pretty reasonable to me and if you eat well for breakfast then you wont want much for lunch.

Canberra
reviews: 59
4. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

We stayed there in May and didn't have breakfast included as we were in one of the club apartments. When we arrived we were given a flyer offering us breakfast for a discount price - maybe 100,000 or 150,000rp (can't remember), with 1 kid eating free per adult. The buffet was good so we ate there most days, but also caught the bus to Bali Collection one morning when we didn't feel like getting up too early for the hotel buffet. We ate at a cafe there for less than $10/head, but had to pay for the kids, and it wasn't a full buffet.

The hotel also offers a nice breakfast menu at their cafe. It is air condtioned with free wifi and better coffee options, but we found that the price worked out more expensive because we paid for the kids meals.

Another option is to join the Accor Advantage Plus club, and you will get 50% off all meals (plus kids still eat free); amongst other benefits.

If you want flexibility and you're happy to take a gamble on the Novotel buffet price in Bali (and your kids are 12 and under), you'd be best to pay for brekky when you get there.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

Thanks everyone - very helpful advice

Berwick Victoria
reviews: 6
6. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

Hi Darrin

Novotel Breakfast is beautiful $10 for Adults and $5. for children up the age of 16.

The is also the Pause cafe at the Novotel Nusa Dua, which always worked out the same price as the buffett(but sometimes you just get over the buffett). Pause Cafe have pastries, toasted sandwiched, donuts, toast and the best made Latte. I cant wait to go back in March.

I have stayed at the Novotel 3 times in the last 18 months and it is a beautiful hotel. 18 years ago when i was in Nusa Dua most of the resturants opened for breakfast but these days there are not many that are open for breaky(or before 9am). Novotel is a good option for breaky

Lynda

Berwick Victoria
reviews: 6
7. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

Hi Darrin

Novotel Breakfast is beautiful $10 for Adults and $5. for children up the age of 16.

The is also the Pause cafe at the Novotel Nusa Dua, which always worked out the same price as the buffett(but sometimes you just get over the buffett). Pause Cafe have pastries, toasted sandwiched, donuts, toast and the best made Latte. I cant wait to go back in March.

I have stayed at the Novotel 3 times in the last 18 months and it is a beautiful hotel. 18 years ago when i was in Nusa Dua most of the resturants opened for breakfast but these days there are not many that are open for breaky(or before 9am). Novotel is a good option for breaky

Lynda

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
8. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

I reckon go with the Brekky..$10 pp is very good..nothing worse than leaving your hotel looking for breakfast..nothing better than a hotel breakfast and straight into the pool..haha

9. Re: Brekky at Novotel Nusa Dua for $40US or a local restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2014