We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 9
Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

Hi All

Going to Bali in a month and staying a few nights in Hard Rock which we love but expensive to eat

Can anyone recommend good clean cheap restaurants nearby with western (fussy daughter) and indonesian options

A guide on prices would be great

Thanks

Perth, Australia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

LOTS of options near Hard Rock. Just mosey along Poppies 1 - at the beach end is the cheapie but goodie Treehouse - good Western & Indonesian food. Black Canyon in the new place on the beach corner. Agung's on the left further up does THE best club sandwiches in Bali (bit lacking on other fare, though). La Walon across the road has a good, cheap restaurant.

TJ's for Mexican, Poppies (both on the exey side) &, my fave Un's - it's at the Jl Legian end of Poppies 1 down a gang to the right. Great quality & ambience & very reasonable prices. My faves are the snapper with potatoes 3 ways, or the Carousel of Ravioli followed by Creme Catalan. The Lamb Shanks are supposed to be excellent. On arrival a cold towel, small frozen Margatita & an amuse bouche of a chicken patty with 3 sauces. Mains about $6. Wouldn't order Indonesian food there.

If you walk along the beach into Poppies 2 & turn left into Jl Benesari you'll find lots of good, cheap places selling both Indonesian & Western food.

I love the Kuta Night Markets for seafood - about a 10-15min walk from Hard Rock. Excellent, cheap seafood & more. Staying at Hard Rock there are so very many great, cheap places to eat within a short walk.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 36
2. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

I always go to Garis Garis in South Kuta, and Bamboo bar and grill(next to waterbom park.

stonie

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
reviews: 65
3. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

yes all mentioned in poppies 1 are fabulous.

We love treehouse and our favourite is Bamboo Corner.

Many of these are cheap looking and almost grotty looking, however the food is cooked fresh and piping hot and amazing and so cheap.

Most of the time you need to wait for a table at Bamboo corner.

Others just near there or on the cut through ( Gang Ronta) to poppies 2 are Basil leaves and Tom Yum, Warung Indonesia and Gong Corner.

Most of these do western dishes as in snitzel etc

Our daughter used to be fussy and she would always eat noodles (mei goreng), fried chicken and rice or nasi goreng, fried rice.

Most of the dishes at the places I mention would be no more than $3.

Edited: 1:49 am, October 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
reviews: 96
4. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

Garis Garis in Tuban was a great find,food is lovely and prices are great.

When my boys were younger they loved TJ'S and still do.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
5. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

Warung Indonesia is my favorite at the moment..very good value

Australia
reviews: 8
6. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

I love Garis Garis. Such a nice place to have a good meal and so reasonably priced.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 4
7. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

The Boardwalk Restaurant at Bali Garden Beach Resort is about 1/3rd the price of Hard Rock and their food is absolutely fabulous! Good variety too - could not fault any meal we had there. You can walk there from the Hard Rock via the beach instead of the road too.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
8. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

Boardwalk is really good and also Batan Waru - next to Bali Garden - great to eat and street watch for a while, cheap, yummy and relaxing.

9. Re: Good cheap restaurants South Kuta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 09, 2013