We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Qld
reviews: 12
lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

Has anyone seen on their shoppping adventures the Bali flags and the collapsible poles.Looking at getting them cheaper while in Kuta in March instead of paying freight from here in Aust.

Gawler, Australia
reviews: 35
1. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

I have not seen the flags with collapsable poles however many people purchase just the flag and then once back home go to a local hardware store ie bunnings and purchase bamboo or something similar.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
reviews: 59
2. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

Yes you can get the flags everywhere there for around 25 000rp.

When home just pop onto some congute if you can't find bamboo or even old fishing rods after removing the handle and bits .

I have never seen the collapsible poles there.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 62
3. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

I've never seen the collapsible poles either, we just bought thin bamboo from Bunnings.

The cheapest and best range I have found for the flags is in Sukawati just on the outskirts of the markets. There is a series of shops selling basketwares, ceremonial trays, and thousounds of the flags in all different sizes.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
4. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

Yes, bamboo is best, but reticulation pipe is a good second choice, but

from what you have written, it sounds like your weddng may be in Bali. If so, you will be able to get bamboo easily when you need it...just ask any the traders at the markets where you buy the flags.

Perth
reviews: 7
5. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

I have bought the balinese flags with the collapsable poles here in Perth at a store called "Loot" not sure if they have any stores where you are. They are Ok but some are made better than others.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
6. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

So are you wanting the poles to use in Bali or in Perth? I know the store Loot, but have never seen the poles you ae talking about. They may be available in Bali, but because they use bamboo which is readily available, I can't see why they would bother about having collapsible ones.

Edited: 1:57 am, February 23, 2010
Tweed Heads...
reviews: 31
7. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

Bought the flags at Sukawati market. There are a few shops on the main Street selling them, this shop asked me if I wanted the poles and showed them to me and yes they were bamboo and had been split so you could take them home and they looked easy to slot together again.

I suggest you ask in several of the shops up there about the poles.

Newcastle Australia
reviews: 34
8. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

Hi, Have bought the flags in legian, one word of advise we used conduit when we got home we had a really hot day and the conduit actually melted to a 90 degree angle. I think bamboo might be a better option.

9. Re: lBali Flags with collapsible poles for wedding decorations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 28, 2010