We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin in Bali

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 44
Dolphin in Bali

Anyone can give me advise on to play/ touch with dolphin in Bali? The cost, time to go, whereabout etc.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 62
1. Re: Dolphin in Bali

There are 2 locations in Bali to swim with dolphins.

The Dolphin experience in Sanur (20 minutes drive from Kuta) http://www.balidolphins.com/

The dolphins are fenced in the ocean.

The other is the Melka Hotel in Lovina (4 hours drive from Kuta) where the dolphins are kept in concrete pools. Recent reports have said that these dolphins are becoming more and more aggressive and unhappy, especially by late morning after they have been interacting with tourists for a few hours. I can't give you a current price (do a search of the forum and it should come up) but it is very expensive for what it is and the time you get with the dolphins.

Kuala Lumpur
2. Re: Dolphin in Bali

Thanks babe! I've contacted them via the website the same website you gave me and was informed that the journey from Kuta to the dolphin area will take roughly 45mins drive. is balidolphin really in sanur area?

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
3. Re: Dolphin in Bali

They may be factoring in the time on the water it also takes to get to the dolphins. The road trip Sanur from Kuta is definitely no longer than 20 minutes and then it would be ten minutes tops to get to the dolphins.

Kuala Lumpur
4. Re: Dolphin in Bali

oh....ok. so sanur area really got the dolphin. ok. i will try to contact them again. if its really at sanur, i dont mind going coz the other place (Melka) located at sumwhere far which it takes around 3hrs drive frm Kuta and its crazy! the price fro the balidolphin is ok i guess...its ard USD69.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
5. Re: Dolphin in Bali

Yes it really is at Sanur, you can see it from the beach at the southern end of Sanur beach.

Kuala Lumpur
6. Re: Dolphin in Bali

Thanks! I will send a message to the website and my tour guide there.

Bali - Indonesia
reviews: 1
7. Re: Dolphin in Bali

There is Dolphin Lodge at Serangan where you can interact with dolphine. It is about 15 minutes from Kuta or 10 minutes drive fro Sanur, In by Pass Ngurah Rai, close to Makro take a left turn to Serangan Island. There will be entrance fee of Idr 2000 per car to get in the island as contribution to the local village in Serangan. Take another turn left along the east side of the island and the dolphin lodge registration desk is located after TC Marine office. There are some fees to get in and interact with the friendly dolphin in the lodge. The fee is including the boat to transfer you to the lodge vice versa.

Hope it helps

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
8. Re: Dolphin in Bali

That is the one have been talking about, Serangan is just near Sanur. It's the same one.

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 1
9. Re: Dolphin in Bali

First I thought it was strange as I just visited the Dolphin Lodge and they admitted that they don't have any website yet. So checking the link, this balidolphins.com is actually own by a local travel agent, not the Dolphin Lodge itself.

Anyway, the cost to watch the Dolphin with 40 minutes interactive with the dolphins is US$65 including the return airport transfer. They have 3 sessions/day. Morning is pick up around 9am and get back to your hotel around 12.30. Midday 12.30-15.30 then the afternoon starts at 15.00 - 17.30 or 18.00 due to the rush hour traffic.

They'll pick you up from your hotel then transfer to Serangan then by boat to the pen, which located between Serangan and Sanur.

Book early as they only limited up to 40 person per session with 8 dolphins, otherwise you can only can watch the dolphins, which costs US$34.50/person.

Hope it helps,

Sandra

Kuala Lumpur
10. Re: Dolphin in Bali

thanks for the info. it helps! any idea i can direct contact with the management at the serangan dolphin?