We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

salad

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
salad

Is it safe to eat salads in bali at 4/5 star hotels I am staying at the hard rock would it be safe to eat salads there or do you advise to give it a miss.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 227
1. Re: salad

i eat salads all the time. they use bottled water to wash the ingredients. if you are in doubt and want to order from a smaller restaurant just ask b4 ordering and confirm they use bottled / treated water. the water spinach is a bit questionable given where / how it is grown and i avoid it.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Legian, Seminyak
reviews: 43
2. Re: salad

I eat salads at hotels and restaurants and have never been sick. Little point asking them if they wash in bottled water though as they will probably say yes even if they don't ha ha,

Keep your own hands clean.

Broome, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome
reviews: 41
3. Re: salad

I was always super careful about where I ordered a salad but then I did one time at a very upmarket, busy restaurant and was ill as a result. Despite that, I still order salads, but wouldn't if the place was not busy or looked dodgy.

Here's to delicious, fresh, healthy salads, most especially the green pawpaw....yum!

Terrigal, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 90
4. Re: salad

i eat them.

Hampshire, England
reviews: 29
5. Re: salad

If you can, take Grapefruit Seed extract (in pills - no refrigeration needed), 2 or 3 times a day with meals. I swear by it and have never been ill abroad.

I always eat the salads and drink iced drinks with no problems. We recently returned from 2 weeks in Bali with no stomach problems at all. If in any doubt ask about preparation before you order and, as previously mentioned, keep your own hygiene high (carry antibacterial wipes and gel with you). Have a good trip.

6. Re: salad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 11, 2010