We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental Singaraja Room

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ayr, United Kingdom
Intercontinental Singaraja Room

Hello,

After 1 month of traveling around Bali staying in homestays and beach huts I have decided to splash out and celebrate my 40th birthday in style at the Intercontinental in Jimbaran which looks just wonderful. I have read a few references to the Singaraja Room being a better choice over a Classic resort room - the advantage being you have access to a 24 hour lounge where there are free snacks, juices and tea/coffee. Has anyone experience of this facility and can tell me what it's like and if it is worth the extra $25 per day? Never having been to Bali I imagine I could source my own fruits and juices for less than that and spend the difference on lovely native food around Jimboran or is the Lounge experience not one to be missed?

Thanks

Robbie

Denpasar, Indonesia
1. Re: Intercontinental Singaraja Room

at singaraja in the start villa,nice place,and near the beach too

Perth West Australia
2. Re: Intercontinental Singaraja Room

The "snacks" is really basic - biscuits and nuts. The "juice' is iced tea, and the coffee is just that. The Lounge is just seating and small tables grouped together. I think for you, it is not worth the extra $25.00. Maybe just book into the classic room, and walk through the singaraja wing and you can easily see just what is on offer. You can make the coffee in your room at no extra charge, and there is a Circle K (7 eleven type) store just down the road where you can buy plenty of snacks if you need them. The Intercon is great, the pool area and garden/landscaping is really good, with plenty of variety. Enjoy!

Mooloolaba...
3. Re: Intercontinental Singaraja Room

Go for a 'club room' if you can stretch the budget a bit further .... afternoon tea and cocktail hour everyday and use of the club pool. AWESOME!

I love The Intercontinental ( so peaceful and relaxing ), the beachbar is gorgeous at sunset.

Ayr, United Kingdom
4. Re: Intercontinental Singaraja Room

Thank you for you help. Yes, AussieWayne10 - I agree with you that in my case it's probably not worth the extra money. I would LOVE to upgrade to the club room as everyone says it is just fantastic but it's a stretch too far I'm sorry to say. Maybe a return visit shall be required ....

Thanks again

Robbie

surrey
reviews: 24
5. Re: Intercontinental Singaraja Room

We're here now in the Club section - if you've been travelling around staying in local places it might be worth staying a couple of nights in a Club Room - you actually wouldn't have to spend another penny on top of the cost of the room as breakfast, a very substantial afternoon tea and then cocktails , wine etc and snacks in the evening - more than enough to keep you going all day. The cocktails are delicious and you can drink as many as you want between 4.30 and 7.30. I'm not sure how long you intend staying at the hotel but you could then stay in a resort room for the remainder of your stay.

Today we didn't have afternoon tea as we wanted to have dinner at Menega on the beach - £12 for a 1.1kg fish prawns and 2 big Bintangs. We had a couple of cocktails and beef satays in the lounge before we went out.

6. Re: Intercontinental Singaraja Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 06, 2013