We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lia Cafe

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Lia Cafe

I read online that this cafe is highly recommended. However I got a bit confused when reading on it for more details. For e.g there are 2 different kinds of menus. What are these 2 kinds of menus? The more expensive menu is for taxi driver's passengers? Is it correct?

To avoid being ripped by taxi driver and Lia cafe, what should I do?

Can I bargain at this restaurant, say 50% off the quoted price?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
1. Re: Lia Cafe

Hi,

I've seen at this restaurant that they do have a menu when you are brought by a taxi or driver. It's the same almost everywhere I'd say.

Bargain at 50% of the price on food doesn't seem reasonable.

Try to ask for a special price especially for a group. Worst case scenario they say no.

Whichever you choose walk along the beach and take your time to check a few others around the one you're targeting, so that competition works in your favor.

I like Lia, but I must say the others next door look nice too.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Lia Cafe

thank you for your helpful advice. :-D

Well, I read online: "If they are asking prices much higher than those quoted offer the about, don’t be scared to to ask for 40,000rp a kilo for snapper if the staff ask for 80,000rp."

it sounds quite astonishing to me so I am seeking forumers' opinions if it is alright to bargain at 50% off.....Sometimes they might see us as tourists with fat pockets so they will mark up the prices a lot.

Anyway, when I take cab from Kuta to Jimbaran, where do I tell the driver to drop me?

How do I catch cab back to hotel? Do I tell the taxi-driver to wait for me? Is it easy to hail a cab on street?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
3. Re: Lia Cafe

With Bargaining asking costs you nothing. Some place will overcharge, if you go to a few you'll have a good idea of the average price.

For taxis in that stretch you can ask him to wait, it is not easy to get one back, that said I'm always driving but there aren't many waiting around.

A good thing for me is to arrive early, around 5.00 and enjoy the sunset either walking on the beach or seated with a drink. Beware of traffic jams around 5 PM / 6 PM around Kuta.

Some recommend other areas like Echo Beach in Canggu, not directly on the beach but people like the restaurant there. Just one and obviously no bargain.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Lia Cafe

If I ask cab-driver to wait for me, are there extra charges?

Is Canggu quite far from Kuta where I will be staying? How much is the estimated cab fare?

Is seafood at Echo Beach more expensive than the ones at Jimbaran?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
5. Re: Lia Cafe

I'd say it could be more expensive at echo beach, but it's a proper restaurant.

Check for yourself.

http://www.echobeachhouse.com/food.html

I have not tried it, yet.

Sydney
reviews: 17
6. Re: Lia Cafe

After much investigating I found Lia Cafe in the Central section of Jimbaran Bay to be one of the best. They have great prices and cewrtainly dont rip you off. They have a reputation as being honest with good service and food. I was there with a mate 3 weeks ago and had fish, prawns, crab and calamari plus 4 beers each and it cost about AU$20 each. We rode our bikes there so only saw one menu. From memory the fish was all IDR70,000 per kilo.

Be wary of the ones that offer 20% or more discount as these are usually the ones that rip you off, they cook different food to what you purchased or their scales are out.

Cheers

Newcastle, Australia
7. Re: Lia Cafe

Hi I also agree that Lia cafe was good value ,service and food.We ate there a fortnight ago and were very satisfied.I was hesitant about going to Jimbarin as 10 years ago a similar meal set us back 100 dollars and this time only half the price at Lias.They are happy to ring a taxi for you so no need to arrange a driver

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Lia Cafe

hi tory34, regarding the ones that offers 20% discount or more, which ones are u talking abt? u mean other restaurants?

9. Re: Lia Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 22, 2012