We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What activities can be done from Jimbaran

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
reviews: 2
What activities can be done from Jimbaran

Hello,

We are staying at the Jimbaran Puri in Oct 2010 for the first part of our honeymoon (then on to Ubud, then Gili). I was wondering what kind of activities can be done from Jimbaran. Is the beach ok for sea kayaking? What kinds of tours can we do that are nearby? I don't want to do anything around Ubud since we are going there later. Also we will probably spend a lot of time scuba diving in Gili Islands. However, if we can do a day trip scuba diving on a boat off the east cost of the peninsula I would consider doing that.

Also I have read the ocean isn't good for swimming- is it ok for wading?

Thank you!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
1. Re: What activities can be done from Jimbaran

Hi,

Congratulation on your wedding.

From Jimbaran there are plenty of activities, either as a full day trip or a half day / evening.

Closest might be Uluwatu Temple in the South. You could go there admire the Sunset and enjoy a dance show afterwards.

Tanah Lot Temple can be done solo or as part of a day trip with Bedugul / Ulun Danu Bratan temple and the ricefields in between.

A day shopping in Seminyak could also be an alternative.

Waterboom park is in nearby Tuban if this is of interest to you.

For Scuba, driving to the east coast would be at least a couple of hours for Padang Bai and well over 3 hours for Tulamben. Up to you, probably best to wait for Gili.

2. Re: What activities can be done from Jimbaran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, December 05, 2010