We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Ubud and Jimbaran

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
reviews: 1
Visiting Ubud and Jimbaran

Hi All,

I am planning a surprise b'day treat for my partner and have booked the Kayumanis Ubud and Jimbaran for two nights each. We are coming into Ngurah Rai International Airport from Bangkok on the 23rd of April and will be heading straight to Ubud. We have kept the evening for a kecak performance at Pura Dalem. The next two days would be spent on temple visits, spas, et al.

After two days we are relocating to Jimbaran.

I was wondering what all one can do out there? On the 27th (we leave in the evening) I was thinking of checking out the shops at Seminyak.

Jimbaran
1. Re: Visiting Ubud and Jimbaran

Hi - Kayumanis Jimbaran is a pretty close to Muaya Beach, the place for popular seafood grilled restaurants - one name I can recommend is Menega Cafe - favorite for both locals and tourists alike. The ambiance is pretty cool, dinner under the star facing the beach, the only lighting from candles ...the food fantastic with juicy 'sambal' ...

Also in the close proximity is Jenggala Ceramic where you can shop the top notch dinnerware, vases, etc.

Check also Dreamland, a white sandy beach just 10 minutes drive from Kayumanis, nice spot for swimming, afterward you can have cocktail at Klapa, a quite new restaurant and club in the New Kuta area with sensational sea view. They have live music/DJ every Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun.

Seminyak which is approximately 30 minutes by car from Kayumanis is a great shopping street, you can find fashion, jewelry to home decor shops along the street, check also shops in Petitenget/Oberoi area - many great fashion boutiques!

Have fun!

Bentley
reviews: 1
2. Re: Visiting Ubud and Jimbaran

You might like to check out The Rock Bar at The Ayana for drinks/cocktails, and even have dinner. This is the latest "in place" in Bali at the moment but by all accounts you need to be there reasonably early in the evening to get a seat.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 107
3. Re: Visiting Ubud and Jimbaran

Second all of the above, plus Uluwatu Temple, GWK Park, and a drive by the big surf spots at Suluban (try looking from Blue Point) and Padang Padang.

I also recommend an excellent Italian meal at Pepenero, near the hotel at Temple Hill, Jimbaran.

Also, do not miss the Jenggala showroom on Jl Uluwatu, 5 minute drive from Kayumanis!!!!

4. Re: Visiting Ubud and Jimbaran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, October 19, 2010