We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

Which Uttarakhand hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gurgaon, India
reviews: 6
Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

Hi,

I am planning to do chardham yatra (yamunotri-gangotri-kedarnath-badrinath) this summer with my parents. Mostly opting for pvt vehicle (taxi/cab). Should I choose state govt operated GMVNL or pvt tour operator.

Rates are almost same but pvt tour operator are offering 3 star hotel accommodation witl all meals, whereas GMVNL is without meals in their govt. hotel.

Somebody also suggest should one opt from Delhi, Haridwar, or Rishikesh as GMVNL offices are present in all the three location.

One more query, which time would be the best considering weather condition and rush of pilgrims (month of May or June).

Thanks in advance.

11. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:37 pm, March 20, 2013
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
12. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

TripHimalayas,

Self Promotion/Solicitation/Advertising is prohibited in TA forum. Refrain from doing so.

Edited: 1:32 am, March 20, 2013
Dehradun
13. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

Noted Ashish.

Dehradun
14. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

Noted Ashish.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
15. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

i intend to go for chardham yatra during july or september alongwith 3 persons my husband and another family. which will be the best season and where shall i join i.e. haridwar, dehradun or hrishikesh and what will be the per head package cost with twin sharing basis.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
16. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

May avail the package of GMVN (www.gmvnl.com) from Rishikesh OR Krishna Tour N Travels, krishnahw1999@gmail.com Phone 09897739125/ 07351133666/09927333666 or

Char Machan Tourism Pvt. Ltd. Mr.Gagan Bisht / 9761213048 or 9555223829. gagan@charmachan.com from Haridwar. May contact them for package rate.

Edited: 9:24 pm, March 28, 2013
ahmedabad
17. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

Asish

U must go with GMVNL Tour but not in july u can go after 15 of September when rains are over do not relay on any PVT operator more u can go to GMVN calcutta office at marshal hous or book on line at gmvnl.com

Chennai (Madras...
18. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

We are senior citizens from Chennai. we want to go on pilgrimage during any of he months starting from August to November 2013.to CHARDHAM. we would like to know the climatic conditions and pilgrims rush during his period.

we are planning to book rooms/lodges in hotels in those places .please advse me wthether we can depend

on reservations made online .please suggest the roues from delhi to chardham yatra by train/bus

19. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:09 am, September 10, 2013
Dehradun...
reviews: 1
20. Re: Chardham yatra from GMVNL or pvt operator

As chardham is a tough journey, you should check if the Tour Operator has good links with local people in entire chardham circuit, because in situations of land slides, road blocks alternate arrangements for accommodation and meals matters a lot. Also, if the driver has good knowledge of the entire chardham route, and expert in driving in very high altitude and narrow roads. Neat, Clean, and Hygienic accommodation is a must, as you travel minimum 7 - 8 hours each day, during chardham pilgrimage journey.

It is always better to book tour through a Tour Operator instead of a Travel Agent.