We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Navi Mumbai
Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Hi!

Please suggest whether Taj Khema Hotel (UPSTDC) near the eastern gate of Taj will be a good choice. I will be travelling with my family, and would like to stay for 1-2 nights at Agra. I have heard that vehicles do not go upto the gate of the hotel!, Also, please suggest any other Hotels of similar budget window.

Thanks,

Indranil

agra
reviews: 1
1. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Taj khma has Swiss cottages.. its gu option you can have beautiful view of taj from here.but transportation is a problem.you can go for taj resort instead.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
reviews: 7
2. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

There are good options nearby like Taj Plaza, Amar Yatri Niwas, Taj Inn......

deepak

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 26
3. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Taj Plaza is better than Taj Khema. Taj is visible from three rooms of 2nd floor as well as from the roof top restaurant of Taj Plaza. Normally, traffic is prohibited in this zone except the battery operated cars. However, vehicles for the hotels of this area are allowed.

Edited: 2:20 am, February 07, 2013
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
4. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Go for Taj Resort or Taj Plaza.Hotel Sheela is just 50 mts away from an eastern entrance of the Taj Mahal.

Cheers

Rashid Agra

Navi Mumbai
5. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Lots of thanks to Kaimur holidays, Mr Deepak, Mr. Roy and Mr.Rashid for your suggestions. I was going through the reviews of Taj Plaza in Tripadvisor ... sorry to say, they do not speak very positively about the hotel! Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again.

Indranil

======

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 26
6. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Indranil,

Taj Plaza is a budget hotel. Nothing special in this hotel except the location. Its about 500 mtrs from east gate of Taj. You may walk to Taj whenever you like. You can see Taj from some their rooms also.

Next to this hotel is Oberoi Amar Vilas, Taj is also visible from most of their rooms, its a five star property.

Edited: 5:28 am, February 08, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta...
7. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

How can I reach from Taj Khema from Agra cantt station and how about the return journey ?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
8. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

You can hire an Auto Rickshaw from Agra Cantt Railway Station...you will be drop very close to east gate of Taj Mahal...from there Taj Khema is at a walking distance..same for backward journey.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

agra
reviews: 1
9. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Dear Baubi it's not a problem. Being a tourist you are always surrounding by so many options.

Agra, India
10. Re: Taj Khema : Good or bad?

Tough to go there because no vehicles are allowed up to that hotel.