We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kolkata
Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Hi

We are planning a 5 nights' trip to Delhi-Agra-Haridwar in mid october. can you please advise :

a) If Agra-Mathura-Brindavan can be covered in one day, if we hire a cab from Delhi for to and fro journey?

b) If one and half day stay in Haridwar is sufficient.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
reviews: 8
1. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

If you do it by car then you can cover Agra, Mathura, and Vrindavan in one day but it will be very hectic and you will not be able to visit all the imp. places.

1.1/2 day is ok for Haridwar.

deepak

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
2. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

If you think of taking train Taj Express from Delhi you will at Mathura at 9.00 am that gives you time to see important temples at Mathura and Vrindavan...if time permits some s/s in Agra may be only Taj Mahal.....a night is suggested in Agra.

Rashid

kolkata
3. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Thank you Deepak ji, Rashid ji.

I was also thinking the same way, but time is actually a factor for us. Our tentative travel plan is :

Day-1 : Reaching New Delhi from Kolkata by Duronto at 11am. Hotel check-in, freshen up and go out for a visit to jantar-mantar, Chandni Chowk market and Red fort.

Day-2 : Ealry morning (say by 6am) start for Agra,Mathura-Vrindavan. Can you pls suggest other improtant places to be covered? We have to do it in a day,we will return to Delhi may be by 11pm.

Day-3 : Local Delhi tour

Day-4 : Proceed to Haridwar by Shatabdi Exp. Reaching Haridwar, hotel check-in and go for local sight seeing. Evening see aarti at Har-ki-pauri.

Day-5 : Go to Rishikesh. Spend the entire day visiting all the places. Return to Haridwar by late evening.

We are taking return train to Kolkata either on the 5th day itself by Doon Exp or on 6th day via Delhi - whichever tickets get confirmed.

Please advise if the above tour plan is ok.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

We are planning to visit delhi-agra-haridwar-moosouri in 7 nights 8 days .We will reach delhi on monday by rajdhani from hwh. can you pls suggest a tour programme .We are a grp of 6+1 members. And return is from Haridwar monday night by upasana/SF.

kolkata
5. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

i want to travel in October with my family from kolkata to delhi-agra-haridwar-rishikesh with 5 adults and 1 child. for 3 night and 4 days tour. pls give me best itinerary for this tour and help me pls.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
reviews: 8
6. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Ity. given in post no. 3 is comfortable and not too hectic. If you want to enjoy the tour add one more day or skip a place.

deepak

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
reviews: 224
7. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Hi..

Completely agree with deepakji..

Better to add one more day in itinerary

Pune, Maharashtra...
8. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

hi please help me plan a trip to delhi,agra,vrindavan, mathura, haridwar, from 24th dec 2013 to 28th dec 2013. we will be coming from pune by air on 24th afternoon.we r a fly of 6 adults and 1 child.

out of these 4 adults will be going to chandigarh and the rest will stay back in delhi.

we would be travelling by car through out

please let me know at the earliest

Edited: 2:30 am, November 11, 2013
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
9. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Trip can be done in this order..Delhi..haridwar...delhi...mathura.....vrindavan...Agra...delhi.

Mathura and Vrindavan can be done on d way from Delhi to Agra.Overnight in Agra....following day full day tour of Agra....following day drive back to Delhi.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Agra, India
10. Re: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip

Hi-

On the day of arrival half day city tour of Delhi and night stay in Agra. Agra sightseeing and on the way back to Delhi visit Mathura & Vrindavan. Night stay in Delhi and early morning drive to Haridwar. Two Night stay in Haridwa and back to Delhi. Last day rest of the sightseeing of Delhi.

Arun

Reply to: Delhi Agra Haridwar trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted