We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberoi Amarvilas - dinner at Esphahan?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 26
Oberoi Amarvilas - dinner at Esphahan?

From the hotel website, it says their restaurant, Esphahan has two seatings for dinner and reservation is recommended. Has anyone eaten there and can give me an idea of what dinner will cost? Also, how was the food - I would expect it to have rave reviews... Thanks!

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Oberoi Amarvilas - dinner at Esphahan?

We stayed at the Oberoi for 2 nights early July. We stayed on an "exotic locations" package which included dinner and breakfast and was booked through their website.

I can highly recommend this restaurant, the service was excellent and the food likewise. I can't remember the name of the dish I had but it was great. It was lamb on the bone that had been marinated in spices overnight. The first night I had a Thali which is a number of different dishes - the price of this was around 1350 INR and included starter and dessert. We too were told there were only two sittings but other people seemed to wander in at various times. The times we were given were 7.30pm and 9.30pm but there was no problem with booking. The chef came out to ask if the food was alright and invited us into the kitchen so I could take a photo.

Washington, DC
reviews: 2
2. Re: Oberoi Amarvilas - dinner at Esphahan?

The meal I had was the best I had in India by far. The food was fantastic and the people were wonderful. And while I don't specifically remember the price I didn't find it to be very expesive considering the environment. I ordered their signature lamb dish--Esphahan and I've been searching for another version ever since.

3. Re: Oberoi Amarvilas - dinner at Esphahan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 06, 2009