We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 1
Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

I am currently sorting out if I should take the train or the car (w.driver) from Delhi to Agra (an then next day Agra - Jaipur) . Can anybody recommend?

THX!

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 14
1. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

It really depends upon your Budget & your comfort levels. There have been many discussion including the costing factors, you can search the same and get answers for your queries.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 14
2. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

It really depends upon your Budget & your comfort levels. There have been many discussion including the costing factors, you can search the same and get answers for your queries.

noida
3. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

you can board intercity train 2988 from agra in evening at 6:20PM IST for jaipur that will reach jaipur around 11:00PM.But dont forget to book hotel in jaipur according to your travel plan.Reasonable fare AC coaches are available in train.YOu can book train tickets online at irctc.co.in and get more train info on www.indianrail.gov.in

Noida, India
4. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

I would rather suggest a car with driver, the reason you will not wasting time in arranging local transport.. like station to your room.. sight seeing etc..And also on the way there would be much to see..like bharatpur bird sanctuary..

Delhi
5. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

Hi, I would also suggest to hire car and drive so you can also visit Fatehpur Sikri, which is on the way to Jaipur.

New Jersey
reviews: 100
6. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

We just returned from a 3 week trip including some south India and some north -- my wife, myself, and adult son travelling together.

We had the same excellent driver from Delhi to Jaipur, 2 nights in Jaipur, then from Jaipur to Agra, stopping in Fatehpur Sikri, then 1 night in Agra. (Our driver was Mahinder Singh from Eco Rent a Car,

www.ecorentacar.com.)

Obviously you must consider the relative costs and your budget, but our finding was that an AC car, driver and a cell phone made a very big difference in travelling about India. In our case, the airfare was the largest single expense, and, of course one never has enough time. The upside of the road experience is that you get to see more of the "real" India, and more efficiently than by train. The downside is the driving conditions are bad and will try your nerves: Do you see dodging 2 trucks, an autorickshaw and a camel all at once to be fun or nightmarish ? In spite of it, I was able to sleep part of the time.

One other caution about drivers is that you will have to accept a certain amount of "steering" to the driver's favorite stores. We did not have that problem with Mahinder, but with others. Just be polite, firm, and plan to exit quickly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preface --

My wife and I recently returned from a 3 week trip to India motivated by a wedding in Bangalore, where we spent about 10 days. Our adult son joined us, making a party of 3. We also spent 2 days visiting Hampi, 2 in Chennai to see Mamallapuram and Kanchipuram, and 7 in Delhi, including 3 on the road to Jaipur and Agra. Though we had uniquely helpful

assistance from our hosts and their friends, nonetheless, we had experiences that may be of interest to other TripAdvisor users, so I have posted several short notes on different

topics. And, of course, these are only my opinions.

7. Re: Delhi - Agra (Agra - Jaipur) by train or car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 07, 2009