We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to ooty

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bangalore
trip to ooty

Hi

I am planning a trip for 3 days and 2 nights. I will start from bangalore.

Can you please guide me, a best plan with less expenses.

And what is the best time to start from bangalore? where should I get down.? can you please share route plan?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 102
1. Re: trip to ooty

Hi Vijay16,

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

While you haven't indicated the preferred mode of travel, presuming it is by public transport, I suggest you book yourself in the KSRTC direct bus from/to Bangalore. You would be boarding the bus, the previous night. You may do an online booking for the same in the KSRTC website.

Once you arrive in Ooty the next day morning, you may check the KSTDC or TTDC guest houses for accommodation or check the hotels section of this website to choose a hotel based on your budget and expectations.

For the sight seeing part of it, there are many travel operators in the main commercial street area who provide a Seat In Coach basis tour of all the locations. You may opt for the packages of your interest, and book one of those for two days and have one day leisure for you to explore and shop.

This is a rough idea, which I personally feel would be economical too as the SIC basis tours would be only around Rs.150 to Rs.300 per person, depending on the vehicle and the operator. Also, this way, you will end up covering all or most of the places.

Please feel free to revert for any clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

PS : You have also not mentioned the number of people travelling.

2. Re: trip to ooty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, June 18, 2013