We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ooty local visit

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore
Ooty local visit

Hi

I'm planning to visit Ooty this weekend. I have heard that there are govt. buses from Ooty that starts around 9:30-10 in the morning and returns around 6 in the evening for Ooty's places of visit. The charges are some Rs 125-150.

I want to ask what all places do these buses cover? Do they also cover Coonoor and nearby places?

Also how far is Coonoor from Ooty by road? I'm planning to catch toy train from Coonoor to Ooty back. at around 5:45 P.M.

Any help would be appreciated!!!1

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 102
1. Re: Ooty local visit

Hi Nitin,

There are regular service government buses from Ooty all around. I don't think there are govt. buses which do a sight seeing trip. There would be frequent buses from Ooty to Connoor and back. Suggest you to dig a little deeper in the Ooty forum, wherein I have written about doing sight seeing trips in Nilgiris.

Regards

Prasanna

Bengaluru...
Destination Expert
for Bengaluru (Bangalore), Karnataka, Odisha
reviews: 52
2. Re: Ooty local visit

not sure of govt buses , but there are small buses for local sight seeing trips. and trust me they are suitable for these trips as the roads are narrow and crooked. they cover the Botanical garden, ooty Lake, Thread garden , Doddaabetta peak , Connoor , coffee plantations ,wax museum . they also include a toy train ride from Coonnor to Ooty . this ride is of 28 kms approx is a must must visit.

but make sure they include this train ride before u commit to them.

Chennai (Madras...
reviews: 38
3. Re: Ooty local visit

Just check with the hotel where you stay. most of the time, the moment you reach there, the hotel staff/receptionist will enquire you about your sightseeing plans and will share you pamphlets with the various day trip options - you can choose from them.

4. Re: Ooty local visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 24, 2013