We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

Which Ooty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore, India
reviews: 65
Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

I will be in Ooty from Aug 31 to Sep 3. I booked two tickets for TOY TRAIN 56139 from UAM to ONR at irctc website. But I am not getting a confirmed return immediately.

Is there any facility at Coonoor to buy tickets on the spot and return back to Ooty ? Problem is my car will be parked at Ooty Station and I need to get back from Coonoor.

What kind of transports are available from Coonoor station to Ooty if train is not an option ? How much is the cost ?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 100
1. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

Yup... You may buy a ticket in Coonoor and board the train.. Coonoor is very close to Ooty and commuting between these two places should not be an issue. You may opt for taxis, buses and may be some shared vans. The cost depends on the service you opt. IMO, you will not have an issue in buying a ticket at the station.

Bangalore, India
reviews: 65
2. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

ok thanks Prasanna

Kendal, United...
reviews: 110
3. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

I have recently been told (By a British tour operator ) that the 'toy train' might not be running Oct-Dec this year...

Has anyone heard this ?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
4. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

Yes.. I think it is not going to be operational from Oct 5. You may check a similar thread which was discussed very recently

hyderabad
5. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

We are reaching very late in the evening in Ooty on 23 Oct, stay there for 24 full day , and 25 half a day proceeding further to Mysore. How do I plan a TOY train Trip from Lake View Hotel at Ooty on 24/25 Oct. How much time do we need. We have booked car for 24-25 Oct online already.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
6. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

I am not sure if the toy train would be operational on those days, as I read in the local dailies that this service would be stopped from the Oct 5 till sometime in November. Request you to read a couple of threads on this topice in this forum, where I remember mentioning the dates or giving a link to the newspaper article. In case, it is there, you may plan a one way trip to Connoor, up or down.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
reviews: 36
7. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

hi everbody,

I watched a local tamil television news analysis program on 25th sep which showed about this Udagamandalam to ooty toy train. There was a rumor among the local people of ooty about stopping this train service in Oct'11.

But in the program they told that due to the Tv channel making effort to continue the services of this toy train and the railway authorities also confirmed the same.

So if the news broadcasted in the channel to be believed this toy train services will NOT be terminated.

with regards,

Alen

Edited: 1:55 am, September 30, 2011
Indore, India
8. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

i am going to ooty on oct 23-24,2012.are toy trains running?how do i make bookings

Indore, India
9. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

i am going to ooty on oct 23-24,2012.are toy trains running?how do i make bookings

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
10. Re: Ooty to Coonoor TOY TRAIN

The bookings for the NMR or toy train can be booked through irctc website, the stations are Mettupalayam (MTP) and Ooty (UAM)