We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toy train from Ooty to Conoor

Bangalore
toy train from Ooty to Conoor

Can the toy train ride from Ooty to Conoor be reserved by internet in advance? If not, how does one go about making reservations, once in Ooty?

Also, do you know the timings of 1. the departure from Ooty to Conoor and 2. the departure from Conoor to Ooty?

Thanks a lot,

SD

Moscow
reviews: 16
1. Re: toy train from Ooty to Conoor

the journey is just an hour and i don't think any reservation is available or necessary

just check up the times when you are in ooty.

United Arab Emirates
reviews: 220
2. Re: toy train from Ooty to Conoor

Try the links on this page:

http://www.google.co.in/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=Nilgiri+toy+train+timings&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

You will not require advance reservations off season, just go to the station about half an hr before the train departs.

Advance reservation is available for upper classes only.

If memory serves me right the 2nd class fare is Rs7 and the FC fare is 150 or something like that.

Bangalore
3. Re: toy train from Ooty to Conoor

I just returned from Ooty & here is my reply to my own question: Tickets are available only at the railway station, beginning about half an hour before departure. There is a 9:15 AM train from Ooty to Conoor, which I would recommend if you want to stay in Conoor for several hours (Sims Park or a tea estate). We took the 12:15 train to Conoor, had a decent veg lunch at the Blue Hills restaurant, and walked back to the station in time to get our return tickets for the 4:30 return train. It was well worth it, especially from our viewpoint at the very back of the train - first class tickets at around Rs. 50 to Conoor and Rs. 100 back to Ooty.

4. Re: toy train from Ooty to Conoor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 05, 2009