We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Me With Decision!

Which Udaipur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Help Me With Decision!

Hi there, I know that this is a Rajasthan board and there will be a bit of bias about my big question but here goes!

I'm heading over from early April until the start of May. Was planning to go out and spend a good period of the stay in Jaisalmer but was advised that it's going to be very hot out there and I should check out Udaipur. This was not on my itinery originally. I had planned the bulk of my stay in Delhi and Jaipur. I was toying with flying up to Amritsar for a couple of days.

The big question...Amritsar or Udaipur??

India
1. Re: Help Me With Decision!

One month is more than enough to Discover most of Rajasthan, provided what is your budget & how you plan your itenery.

I have sent you a private message please go through it

Cheers

Bangalore
reviews: 5
2. Re: Help Me With Decision!

We jst returned from Rajasthan and I would say without any hesitation that Udaipur is well worth the effort. The problems is that the rail route is not complete and reaching there a bit tedious. But as a destination it ranked No 1 in Rajasthan for us.

Jaisalmer is worth visiting for a day, all you need to do to minimise the heat is to do most of your sight seeing in the morning or evening hours. The fort is well worth the visit., and there is a train that connects from Delhi, via Jaipur and Jodhpur. The sand dunes campsites will close down in the next week or two.

Boston
3. Re: Help Me With Decision!

Wow, this is great information. Thanks very much. You've talked me into it!

India
4. Re: Help Me With Decision!

Hi,

you should definately go to Udaipur! at this it will be the one of the most beautiful places to see! it will be very cool also.

Boston
5. Re: Help Me With Decision!

Thanks there. Sounds like It's for me too.

6. Re: Help Me With Decision!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Udaipur