We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

Which Bikaner hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 25
where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

I would like to break my journey in Oct.for one night after leaving Dehli on the way to Bikaner. Any suggestions for something a bit special?

Varanasi, India
reviews: 41
1. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

depends which root u are planning to take and which metod of travelling. there is no train from delhi to bikaner directly, from what i know. You have to go via jaipur, making it a city where u can stop.

i personally don't love jaipur, making jodhpur a more preferable city where to stop. you can take a night train from delhi to jodhpur, stay at jodhpur the night and the next day take a day train form jodhpur to bikaner (6-7hrs)... but if u are planning to visit jodhpur at a later stage, then stop at jaipur

Jaisalmer, India
2. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

Dear ,

If you are coming from Delhi with privet taxi to bikaner then you can break your trip at Mandawa for 1 night. Madava is really nice place with havelis and all - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandawa

TA Regards

Pari

Jaipur
3. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

Best Option would be Mandawa or Alsisar.

In Mandawa try small mansion called Mandawa haveli. Alsisar try Alsisar Mahal..

India
4. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

Your best stop may well be Patan Mahal. It is a very nice property with well appointed rooms & good food. The next day, you could visit the painted Havelis at Nawalgarh & proceed directly to Bikaner. It would entail a longer drive, coupled with s/s, but your Happiness factor shall be much higher!

Happy travels!

Jaipur, India
reviews: 29
5. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

If you r coming by taxi-car from Delhi to Bikaner,then make ur 1 night stay at manadwa.

enjoy beautifull havelis in mandawa with paintings and make ur night stay at HOTEL HERITAGE MANDAWA.

Copenhagen
reviews: 63
6. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

Piramal Haveli in baggar, is a beautyfull lowrise villa, with pillars, and light green and white walls. Its a small place, in a small dusty village, with a nice jain tempel. The perfekt break between delhi and bikaner. Price around 2000 rp pr room i think

New Delhi, India
reviews: 24
7. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

Hey

If you do finalize on mandawa try to find the time for the a visit to the Havelis in Alsisar and Shekhawati. It is a great trip.

Udit Hooda

about.me/udithooda

8. Re: where to stay between dehli and bikaner ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, May 17, 2013