We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajantha Ellora

Which Aurangabad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
reviews: 129
Ajantha Ellora

Dear TA experts. I am very much grateful if you could please advice me on my intended tour to Ajantha and Ellora.

We (three of us, Sri lankans) hope to arrive in Mumbai on 1st of January 2013. Subsequent to studying the forum posts I planned as following. Please advice me on my queries and any additional information which I should have missed.

Tuesday 2nd - Traveling by morning express train from Mumbai to Aurangabad. I am not aware of the train classes. What is the class we should travel with reserved seats. and the cost please. Check in at a Aurangabad hotel. Please suggest a clean mid range hotel

Wednesday 3rd- Visit Ajantha caves. Please quote car hire/ group tour cost. Come back to Aurangabad hotel.

Thursday 4th- Visit Ellora caves. please quote car hire to Ellora. Are there any tour operators who do only Ellora and the fort. Return to Aurangabad and travel to Mumbai by night train. Are there any sleeping births? the cost of a sleeping birth please.

Your corporation is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Chennai (Madras...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Hi, For all train bookings you can visit https://www.irctc.co.in/ . This is the official site to book your train travel. You will find good number of cab travels available. Google for the same. Since you are 3 people, hire an 4 seater vehicle like Tata Indica or so. It will cost you 7 to 8 rs. per km. Check out in TA for hotels in your budgets.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
2. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Thank you very much Nuveo for your kind information. One more question, do you know a hotel in Ajantha/Ellora/Arungabad with a rural environment. We prefer to be out of urban surroundings. Thank you very much for your kindness.

Giri

Aurangabad, India
3. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Dear Sir,

For Train ticket you can book your train ticket at www.irctc.co.in, and if you want to check status/timing/fare you visit www.indianrail.gov.in, this is official web site of Indian rail way.

After arrival at aurangabad, there is hotel Shreemaya ( 0091 240 2333093) which is mention in lonely planet and and rough guide book, there is many hotels which is very close to railway station, for Ajnata & Ellora car price approximate Non A/C Rs. 1250/- for Ellora and Rs. 2150/- for Ajanta caves,

You can contact to Skyline Holiday- 09823883366 and 09422291527 or book your vehicle online at www.skylineholiday.com also write info@skylineholiday.com

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Hi GiriColombo,

You may take either A/C first class or 2 tier A/C class. You can book tickets 4 months in advance. I suggest, you please book the tickets now for the entire journey to and fro to avoid disappointment.

If by any chance, you do not get a train, overnight Volvo buses/coaches are also available. But first preference is always railway.

For the list of hotels and their description, rate etc. please visit the following link. Also please check the reviews of the hotel before you finalise it.

http://www.aurangabadhotels.org/

For visiting Ajanta and Ellora you can get the help of the hotel's travel desk as their taxis are more reliable though slightly expensive.

Ellora is nearby so you can cover other attractions like Daulatabad Fort also.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Thank you very much, Kahalenil of Aurangabad and Sanjivmulye of Mumbai. We hope to arrive at Arungabad by Tapovan express which is scheduled at 13.15. As you mentioned should book in advance and hope to reserve AC car as it is day travel. We like rural atmosphere for our stay. Just read reviews of Hotel Kailash at Ellora and seems alright. If i travel by hired car from Aurangbad to Hotel Kailash in the afternoon, will there be enough time for me to visit Ellora caves on the same day. And the following day is there a road to Ajantha without going back to Aurangabad. Can I leave Ellora in the morning, visit Ajantha caves and come back to Aurangabad to catch the night train Nandigram expres at 21.35 to Mumbai. It has 1A, 2 A, 3A and SL could you please help me before booking, about these sleeping berths. Will 2 A or 3A sufficient. Thank you for your kind advice.

Giri

Aurangabad, India
6. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Mr. Giri, yes you can stay at Hotel Kailsash Ellora and next day you can proceed to Ajanta cave directly from Ellora, No need to come to Aurangabad.

You will get A/C taxi @ Rs. 5,250/- for two days at Skyline Holiday -09823883366 or write.

you can also book online www.skylineholiday.com

Colombo, Sri Lanka
7. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Dear Sanjiv,

Thank you very much for your previous advice. Please help me sorting out the following problem. I want to reserve railway tickets to travel to Aurangabad from Mumbai and back. I tried IRCTC for online booking as you advised it seems that its only for locals. Could you please advice me how I could reserve railway tickets for my trip. Your kind contribution is highly appreciated.

Giri

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 24
8. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Hi Giricolombo,

Kindly follow this link.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k5740…

Getting reservations is difficult as they are full 120 days in advance. But still you can try. Otherwise, there are many Volvo coaches run by private service providers are available. You hotel's travel desk would arrange for it in Mumbai.

Have wonderful time.

Sanjiv

Santu Lussurgiu...
reviews: 62
9. Re: Ajantha Ellora

I was able to do the train booking from Italy: Mumbai-Auragabad, Tapovan exp., for Jan. 2013: you need to go at cleartrip.com, follow their instruction, and to register at IRTCT and receive the mail/mobile passwords, have toscan your passports and send byemail.They send by email all pssw, and once you are in the system, everything is easy

Colombo, Sri Lanka
10. Re: Ajantha Ellora

Dear taariel Santu,

Thank you for the information. I have tried this and received the mobile verification but they ask to delete the first digit which is a zero, as it cannot start with zero. When you delete zero it says the mobile number should have ten digits. I am stuck here and have written to irctc for further instructions. Did you also faced the same problem.

Thank you

Giri