We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

Which Madhya Pradesh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bologna, Italy
reviews: 5
Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

Next December I could travel in Madhya Pradesh.

My schedule is something like this:

- 2 nights in Agra (not yet MP, of course);

- 1 night in Gwailor;

- 2 nights in Orchha;

- 1 night in Khajuraho;

- 1 night in Panna NP;

- 3 nights in Bandhavgarh NP.

Questions:

1) is it ok 2 nights in Orchha and 1 in Khajuraho or it would be better the opposite?

2) Is Panna NP open on Wednesday morning?

3) If I come with a driver from Delhi, until where I need his service? I think I do not need him any more once I reach Bandhavgarh (where I'll stay 2-3 days). I think I can ask the resort where I will sleep in Bandhavgarh NP for a driver to take me to the Jabalpur airport (flight back to Delhi). Something wrong with this?

4) How cold is it at Christmas on the open vehicles at Bandhavgarh NP? I read there are 2-4 C degrees at sunrise, so it must be *terribly* cold in an open vehicle..

Thanks in advance

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
reviews: 224
1. Re: Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

Hi..

The best place in orchha is "orchha palace"..I will suggest you to spend a night in orchha and 2 in khajuraho..

Panna national park remains closed for half day on wednesday..evening safari will be closed..kanha national park remains closed for full day on wednesday..

The plan regarding taxi is good..hire it from delhi-orchha-khajuraho-bandavgarh and release him..you won't need taxi there..and book taxi for jabalpur with your bandavgarh hotel..

December will be winter season in madhya pradesh..but it won't cross 9-10 deg C in night..so no need to worry..medium woolen will do..

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
reviews: 66
2. Re: Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

Orcha and khajiraho both are small . I will suggest you to keep your itineraryas it is . o like orcha a lot Orcha is more senic . You can have a pleasant winter eveningat ot this place. Temples , ARATI at Raja Ram Mandir, cenotips , river side fort etc etc.

khajuraho is for temples, dance show, Light and sound show

Panna is not very far from Khajiraho.

bhandhavgarh is my favourite NP. I will prefer to stay in Kanha NP compare to Panna and from.kanha you can drive to jabalpur to catch a flight .

Bandhawgarh you don't need car . You will take all these safari jeep for NP.

take Quote up to Bhandhavgarh and also up to airport - Jabalpur .

and some time it is same then better to keep same car.

Yogendra

3. Re: Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

Consider adding Chanderi to your trip - it has some beautiful monuments and is also well known for hand-woven sarees.

Enjoy !

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
4. Re: Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

Your plan seems alright to me...as far as weather is concerned North India gets very cold and foggy in Dec so come prepared.

Regards

Rashid Agra

iNDORE
reviews: 59
5. Re: Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

The itenary looks good. Except skip panna ..nothing much there. Go to kanha instead.

Tip: do not travel after sunset from Gwalior to orchha

6. Re: Orchha, Khajuraho, Panna, Banhavgarh..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 08, 2014