We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room with a view

Which Varkala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 38
Room with a view

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a little beach front guesthouse or hotel that has huts or rooms that have direct access to the beach without having to walk through the hotel reception or past the pool or restaurant etc...? It has been my all time wish to find somewhere like this...I am not worried about it being basic, in fact I would prefer something traditional/heritgage styled rather than glitzy as the location is my prime concern.

Any suggestions greatfully received...I will be travelling around Kerala and Goa for about 2 weeks so any coastal spot is fine.

Thanks

Varkala, Kerala
1. Re: Room with a view

Your idea seems to be a kind of dream, but definitely a good one. Yes there may be/ is a couple of places and with tripadvisor you must be able figure that out without much trouble. I would not like to take names, and I can tell you one thing that there is no place like literally on the beach sands in varkala, everything is at least 50 meters behind the sea line. You must be possibly happy if you can figure that out..good luck!!

Northumberland...
reviews: 41
2. Re: Room with a view

Can't comment on Kerala - but there was some fab little beach huts which sound exactly what you're looking for when we were in Patnem and Palolem in the very south of Goa.

If you want more info let me know.

Bolton, UK
reviews: 20
3. Re: Room with a view

If you are prepared to stay somewhere quieter than Varkala and just a 10 minute or so walk, then you could do far worse than the Pink Aana at Black Beach (Odayam). Right on a peaceful beach.

We stayed there last April and loved it.

If you would like more detail, then book a day off work : ), and read my extremely long trip report, with pictures

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297631-i5501-k2…

cochin
4. Re: Room with a view

For varkala, you could try Kerala bamboo house, its traditionaly made bamoo cottages but without A/c, at varkala, its cliff beaches, so dodnt expect to have beach in front of the room, but Kovalam you may be lucky !

in fairoak
reviews: 1
5. Re: Room with a view

a great place in varkala is the green place got to be the best on the front!

6. Re: Room with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 24, 2011