We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

home stay @ thekkaddy

Which Thekkady hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
home stay @ thekkaddy

i m planning 2 visit thekkady . stay overnight @ home stay for 2 days 2 see nearby area. r home stay safe ? whether home stay will b available in nov 2012 end ? which r the places 2 b covered ?what r tariff ?

i intend 2 reach thekkady / kumily by govt bus from kattayam railway station. hw much time , will it take ? wht r fares ( approximate ) ?whether 1 night is sufficient or i have 2 stay for 2 nights?

Edited: 5:46 am, September 28, 2012
Idukki, India
reviews: 5
1. Re: home stay @ thekkaddy

Hello,

you can also get bus from kottayam to thekkady.atmost every 45mints there is buses to kumali(thekkady) after 1am to 4am there is no buses.

"You must choose KSRTC".There is no private buses after 6pm.Better is choose KSTRC.

fare(aprx):Rs 110

route: kottayam-mundakayyam-kumaly

Homestay tariff is between 1000-2500 (no food).

2 night is recommended.

Thanks

sarankumar

yatramantra

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
reviews: 102
2. Re: home stay @ thekkaddy

Hi...

There are a plenty of homestays in Thekkady and if you are smart enough to negotiate, you may find accommodations from Rs.500. These are all safe places, but use your traveller instinct before you choose a place, and have a clear deal before you decide. Thekkady is a very developed, sensible and guest friendly tourist destination. Options are unlimited and you would find what you want.

Feel free to revert for clarifications.

Regards

Prasanna

3. Re: home stay @ thekkaddy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 14, 2013