We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is best time to visit kerala?

Jamnagar
reviews: 6
which is best time to visit kerala?

hello , i am from gujrat and want to visit kerala with my family , pls suggest best time to visit and from which place i shuld start my journey , my visit wil be 6 night or 7 nights/8 days.. pls suggest..

Kochi (Cochin...
reviews: 8
1. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

you may book tickets upto cochin and return from Trivandrum if your last destination is Kovalam or Kanyakumari, else book from Cochin itself for return

Ahmedabad, India
reviews: 45
2. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

Best time to visit kerala is october to march. You can start journey from Kochin - Munnar 3N - Allepy 1N - Kovalam 3N - end at Trivandrum.

3. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, May 07, 2013
Edited: 10:35 pm, May 07, 2013
Kochi (Cochin...
4. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

Cochin is the best place to start the trip and your return airport will depend on which all places you want to visit.

The best time to visit Kerala is during winter season, from mid September to March. This is decidedly the peak tourist season of the state of Kerala and the weather, at this time is at its mild, pleasantest best, to enjoy yourself on beaches, hill stations and backwaters.

If you are planning to visit Kerala in winter then plan early and block dates in advance – but be ready to expect crowds and to shell out higher amounts for accommodation, round trips, nights out, and other events.Some special days like Xmas eve and New Year’s eve has additional mandatory charges inmost hotels.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysore, Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Battery, Wayanad District, Kerala
reviews: 56
5. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

Hi

Best season is Oct- Mar. Season rates apply.

You can arrive at Kochi and depart from Trivandrum.

2 N Munnar, 1N Thekkady, 1 N Houseboat, 2N Kovalam would be a good option for you.

Regards

Sam Varghese

Groowynd Holidays

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
reviews: 247
6. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

Hello jatinbhai..

The best time to visit kerala is from october end to feb end..

arrive at kottayam - if coming by train - there are several trains running from ahmedabad to kottayam- from kottayam , thekkeday/periyar is almost 115 kms - or if you are coming by air then arrive kochi and start your journey from kochi

Stay 1 night in thekkady - visit periyar lake and wildlife sanctuary- see elephants

2 nights in munnar

2 nights in kochi/alleppy - backwater, beaches, culture

1 night in kovalam

7. Re: which is best time to visit kerala?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 09, 2014