We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

SW England
reviews: 8
Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

Hello

My wife and I are in our late 50s and have had good experiences of group tours - including Voyages Jules Verne. We are thinking of booking this one from late February into March:

vjv.com/destinations/…itinerary.html

The itinerary looks appealing. The flights are with Emirates. The hotels are generally highly rated on Trip Advisor. The price seems reasonable.

The possible downside is the stopover in Dubai and the number of one night stays. Also, the only review I have found suggested that temple fatigue may set in after a while.

Is anyone able to share experiences of this tour?

I believe that this is generally (I realise this covers different areas) a good time to visit Southern India - neither too hot nor too wet. Are there better time of year weatherwise?

Many thanks for any help.

(Also posting this in the Tamil Nadu forum)

London, United...
1. Re: Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

We have travelled around S India 9 times and it is a wonderful experience,

the best time is from November to February (begin of March is not so bad) but

after that is getting very hot, We always in the past travelled independent but now we have done a few tours with vJv and they are very well organised (one of the latest was to India (w Bengal) and we enjoyed it very much

SW England
2. Re: Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

Thank you for the reply

Shrewsbury, United...
3. Re: Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

We did this trip last February and it was amazing. We have visited India and Sri Lanka before but this was special since we had an exceptional guide around the temples.In Pondicherry we were allowed in the ashram of Sri Aurobindo. The hotels were of the usual VJV standard but be aware that the Periyar resort is 'dry'.

I would and have recommended this trip to others. We have done many VJV trips and are always amazes at the quality and value.

We did book the extension in Kerala as well to finish off a splendid trip.

Now looking to return to Sri Lanka - were last there in December 04 !!

Edited: 3:05 pm, January 01, 2013
SW England
4. Re: Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

Thank you very much for the replies. The VJV tour sounds good but we have now decided not to do before it next winter.

5. Re: Splendours of Southern India - VJV Tour - Anyone done it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 07, 2014