We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snake temple near Mangalore

Which Mangalore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore, India
Snake temple near Mangalore

Hi,

I am Ashwini from Bangalore.

Somewhere in and around Mangalore i.e., approx within 60-80 kms of distance, not sure which

direction it is, there is one snake temple ( Not Subrahmanya temple). That is not very famous but

it is a good temple and many people go there. the temple is just right to the main road and it is a village

and there are some swami kind of people who do pooja there with good care. I had been to that temple

once when I was in Mangalore. but now it has been many years I don't remember which place that

was and the name of the temple (infact it does not have any name. people call it by the village name). it is very powerful god.

If any one know about it, please answer me. Now i am in Bangalore and I want to go there but

because I dont remeber where it is I couln't go. Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

Thanks in advance.

India
reviews: 11
1. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

Hai, Aswini,

Do you mean Belur Chennakeshava temple,

It is about 130 km from Manglore and 220 km from Banglore.

Bangalore, India
Destination Expert
for Bangalore, Karnataka, Orissa
reviews: 52
2. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

hi ashwini p

are you sure its within 60/80 kms ? cause i was expecting some more relevant info. can you recollect anything else ? the reason is , most likely there are several Naga Devata temples like that in Karnataka . Also there would be other temples with Naga idols in them. for e.g. the devi durga temple in Kateel. though it is a Durga Parameshwari temple , yet you would find Naga Devasthan inside the temple.

Bangalore...
3. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

Hi Ashwini

Any idea on which route did you take to go to the temple.

Here are some places in 60 to 80 KMS range.

Udupi

Karkala

Belthangady

Uppinangady

Mudabidri

Bangalore, India
4. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

well it is not very famous temple like Kateel or channakeshava temple. it is a separate temple for snake god. there are snake idols. it is somewhat like underground temple. i dont recall the route because it is already 6-7 years.

but i can surely say it is just in the main road and bus gives a stop exactly opposite to the temple. temple is right side the road and bus gives stop on left side and some people keep some silver eggs and other silver items to to sell and devotees buy them to put in the hundi. and temple is known by its village name. i am sorry guys i dont even recall one letter of the village.

Please help me.

India
5. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

Aswini,

Is that Kukke Subrahmanya, 115 km away from mangalore ?

Edited: 3:04 pm, March 15, 2012
India
6. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

Kadandale, Shri Subrahmanya swamy temple Sancharipet Village, Near Mulki

Muscat, Masqat, Oman
7. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

mudipu, after vamanjoor

Mangalore, India
reviews: 21
8. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

If i am not wrong you are talking about the Kudupu Temple on way to Gurpura Karkala. As per your description this is the only one i guess

Jacksonville...
9. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

There is one astakula naga temple in Kudupu, it is 62 km from mangalore. I have visited this temple..

Edited: 5:20 am, November 20, 2012
10. Re: Snake temple near Mangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013