We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Coorg

Which Bengaluru (Bangalore) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Advice on Coorg

Hi All,

Can anybody give us an advice on Coorg We are planning to drive down from Mumbai to Coorg Via Mangalore. Just wanted to know if anyone is aware about the roads. Also any recommendations on where to stay In Coorg i have searched on Homestays and short listed Jade Hills, Flower Forest, Vindhyas they look good on the web page but wanted to know if anyone has expereinced staying at any of these places.

regards

Urmil

Bangalore
reviews: 1
1. Re: Advice on Coorg

Hi

Just wanted to know which Homestay you had chosen and how the stay was?

-Thanks

Srikant

tsrikant.blogspot.com

Bangalore
2. Re: Advice on Coorg

After hours of surfing through various websites to decide a place for our stay during our trip to Coorg, we finally stumbled upon the homestay named “Forest Flower”. This resort was also recommended by a colleague of mine who is from Coorg.

The location of the homestay is picturesque. It is nestled in the midst of acres of coffee estate and offered us a panoramic view and remained withdrawn from the hustle and bustle of life. We had to drive in 4 kms (from the main road) into the coffee estate to reach the homestay. Once inside we had no access to the outside world as there was absolutely no network coverage and the homestay did not have any landlines.

There are 4 cottages. We stayed in the cottage named “Tulip” which was 2000/- Rs per night. It was just one room with attached bath, a double bed (for a couple), 2 chairs, 1 table, 1 mirror and 1 TV.

We had a lot of insects giving us company throughout our stay in our room. One night there was a huge spider that came in through our ventilation and had us run for Mani(the room boy) to help us get rid of it. Mani was very helpful throughout our stay doing his best to make our stay comfortable. Not once will you see the owners of Forest Flower. All transactions and communications are through Mani who pretty much should be credited with running the place efficiently.

So even if you have complaints you have no one to tell it to since the owners are least bothered about what happens with the guests.

The rooms didn’t have power most of the time and the UPS was of no use. Therefore there was no hot water as was promised.

The food was a disappointment. Breakfast on day 1 was rice balls with Sambar and on day 2 it was dosa with Sambar. They should really have some more varieties. Lunch was typical coorg food which tasted the same all the days.

But the coffee that was provided morning and evening was by far the best coffee that I have ever had in my entire life. It smelled amazing and tasted even better. Fresh from the estate.

Even though we felt that the money we paid for the stay was not worth it, the place COORG compensated for all that. It is a must-visit destination. But I probably wouldn’t recommend Forest Flower for your stay in Coorg.

Best experience: Coffee

Worst experience: Everything about the room

Bengaluru...
Destination Expert
for Bengaluru (Bangalore)
reviews: 20
3. Re: Advice on Coorg

Hi Urmil,

I stayed with Geoffrey & Kalpana Muthanna at Ammangala Estate, in their plantation. The rooms are basic, but clean. The estate is really nice for long walks. The food was awesome, with a lot of variety....all traditional local dishes.

It is a convenient base for travel to Nisargadhama, Dubare camp & Madikeri. They don't have a website, but you can call them up...let me know if u are interested & I can give you their number.

Bengaluru
4. Re: Advice on Coorg

Hello Urmil,

I had an opportunity to go through your message. Please let me know if still you have not visited coorge....else I can give you complete info on this

5. Re: Advice on Coorg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 02, 2009