We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Which Bengaluru (Bangalore) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris...
Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Hello,

I will be in Bangalore for 2 months (end of June to end of August) and am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment, or service apartment. Clean but cheap. Can anyone recommend me a good place?

Thanks,

Asya

Bengaluru...
Destination Expert
for Bengaluru (Bangalore), Karnataka, Odisha
reviews: 52
1. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Asya T-you can check the following...

http://www.richmondsuites.in/

Paris...
2. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Twonhalf,

That apartment complex looks really nice, but its about $750 per month, which is far too expensive for me. I can find cheaper in San Francisco! I had done some research on the cost of living in bangalore, and many people said you can find a decent place to live for $300-$450. That's the price range I am going for.

Paris...
3. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

But thank you for your suggestion!

Bengaluru...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

also check

http://www.sterling-suites.com/

casapiccola.com/casapiccola/eng/index.aspx

http://www.cozyhomestead.com/

Bengaluru...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Asya T- is the 300-450 USD per month ? if yes can we move a bit further from Richmond Town .for e.g. Old Airport Road .

Paris...
6. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

I'd like to stay as close to Richmond road as possible.

Old Airport Road is too far, perhaps something a little closer? I'd like to walk to work every day, so 1-2 miles max from Richmond Road.

Bengaluru...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

@ Asya

Unfortunately the cost of living in Bangalore is not as cheap .. Since Richmond town is a good area it is slightly more expensive. A Budget of 350$ for 1 month is too less. Anyway if u insist on Richmond Town area what you can do is call any of the service apartment you liked and negotiate over the price. Since u are staying for 2 months they will provide u a better rate.400-450$ a month should suffice. If they are asking more than 450$ per month then they are over charging IMO.

Paris...
8. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

@ Vicky: How about perhaps renting out a 1 bedroom from someone? Do you know of any websites where people list apartment rooms for rent?

Bengaluru...
reviews: 22
9. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Technically when people do give their house on rent they would ask you to pay an advance amount of money, plus you would have to pay various bills for 2 months.(Electricity etc). Renting out a 1 bedroom apartment from someone is possible but rare and both of u have to agree terms etc, Your best option IMO is a service apartment only. Might be a little costly but trust me it saves a load of headache. Safety,Cleaning,daily breakfast etc. 400-450 dollars a month should get you a good service apartment, If its a expensive than you can try other areas of the city and maybe use the public transportation. AGAIN best way is to negotiate with those people and they will agree. 2 months is a long time.

Bangalore
reviews: 59
10. Re: Looking for apartment in Richmond Town

Hi,

Typically when an apartment is given out on rent, its for a min of 11 months in Bangalore. Its rare that they are given out for shorter period as the owner of the apartment will have to look for another tenant again in a short term.

I have been looking for a serviced apartment for a friend who is visiting during the months of June and July at $800r budget. My findings is that with the budget you have, it would be difficult to find a decent one. Even if you look in a location away from Richmond town it may be difficult. Typically a unfurnished apartment would come in at that rate. Then you will have to take care of everything like Vicky suggested above.

But do not lose hope, please keep trying through your friends if you have here or through your business associates. You may stumble upon someone who may be travelling and would like to rent out their place or who may want to share an apartment. I will ask around and see if I can find some help for you.

Good luck!