We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Jamshedpur, India
reviews: 5
Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

I have a booking of seven nights six days stay at Bandipur country club resort. Can you please suggest how i will manage to see places like Mysore, Ooty and any other place with natural beauty in and around Bandipur. I am travelling with my husband and 8 yrs old son.Also can you suggest whether I should take taxi or train or bus so that i will save most travel time and will be able to see more places.I will also like to know whether March will be comfortable to travel to these places?

27 replies to this topic
bangalore
reviews: 43
11. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Hi, @dreamzRahul

Frankly speaking thats too much only for the rooms and transport(cab).You can com down here there are many hotels suiting all budgets and local sighting is arranged easily for 1000-1500/- ac cabs, bangalore to mysore by cab also would be same and has plenty of trains and buses.All the places you have indicated are very well connected by buses/cabs.

In my personal opinion Its better you plan and travel on your own, and you can definetly take you hotels or locals help to plan your trip.

regards

Lohit

Edited: 1:23 pm, January 12, 2013
Jamshedpur, India
12. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.Actually we are members of country club so we have to plan our vacation according to there properties, so we have plaanned Bandipur in the first place.

Jamshedpur, India
13. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.Actually we are members of country club so we have to plan our vacation according to there properties, so we have plaanned Bandipur in the first place.From Bandipur we are planning to visit Mysore 1 Day.

After that we will move to ooty for 2Days. Then from Coimbatore to Kolkata by Flight, still not getting proper flight from Coimbatore to Kolkata.

bangalore
14. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Hi,

@sahana

There are many direct flights from coimbatore to kolkata, make an adv booking toget cheaper price.

regards

Lohit

Calcutta, West...
15. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Thnx. I think your suggestion is nice and will plan accordingly.

Calcutta, West...
16. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Frnds, Please suggest some good hotel both budget & pleasant location wise in Ooty & Kodaikanal

bangalore
17. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

hi,

@dreamzRahul

For kodai you can check out kodai international, this is a good,clean hotel just 5mins walk from the bus stand and 15mins from the lake.

In ooty you can try out hotel darshan or sagar holiday resorts,

Please go through the reviews of these and many others on ooty section.

Regards

Lohit

Jamshedpur, India
18. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Can anyone please tell me whether the weather in March will be too cold in Ooty and Coonoor?

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
reviews: 40
19. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Hi Sahana79,

No Ooty weather will not too cold in March just cold you can manage with normal woolen wear and coonoor is a little bit of less cold than ooty

regards,

Alen_10

Jamshedpur, India
20. Re: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty

Hi Alen_10,

Thank u so much. That piece of advice is very helpful.

regards,

sahana79

Reply to: Bangalore, Mysore, bandipur and ooty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted