We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourists safety..

Which Srinagar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 55
tourists safety..

in the wake of the recent hanging of afzal guru,curfew has been imposed in kashmir valley,pl.. let us know of any untoward incidents and tourists safety as we are on tour to srinagar in abt 10 days from now..really worried as kids are also there..

Edited: 2:06 am, February 09, 2013
Nagpur...
1. Re: tourists safety..

I am also visiting in May 2013 and is bit worried now with lot of money involved.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
reviews: 43
2. Re: tourists safety..

Hi

I have decided to visit this valley in April'13

In june 2012 also curfew imposed in some parts of Srinagar for other issues

At that time also TA discussed the issue and vistet ( a TA DE from leh) wrote the following lines

"You´ll probably get more precise info from local papers : dailyexcelsior.com , tribuneindia.com , greaterkashmir.com than here."

For nandhi79 check these website and find out more specific and up to date information on curfew as your date is just 10 days away

I do not think this problem will continue till April or May 2013

I will also monitor these website and see the situation improves before going to visit there

Jabalpur, India
reviews: 1
3. Re: tourists safety..

although there is a large military presence in j&k but safety is always an issue.we visited kashmir in january this year and from our experience i would like to point out that even the locals are not very co operating. they bully the tourists and the prices charged are very exorbitant every where. so you have to be extra careful.this is a sincere advice to all the people visiting kashmir particularly, jammu is ok but there is nothing much to see there.

Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
reviews: 24
4. Re: tourists safety..

Dear Nandi,

We will try to keep you updated about kashmir situation on this forum, as of now curfew is in place and it is supposed to continue till tomorrow,we are confined inside our houses, also check on this newspaper for updates.

www.greaterkashmir.com.

Regards

Sunny

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 55
5. Re: tourists safety..

thanks sunny..as we are in a group tour..we hope we will be safe..but please do keep us updated and thanks for the concern..

New Delhi, India
6. Re: tourists safety..

my flight is on 10mar13 but right now curfew in srinagar .kindly suggest me .its safe for tourist.and where we go in kashmir city

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 38
7. Re: tourists safety..

my flight was also on 10th march , i have just cancelled it after waiting and observing situation closely for last 10 days. You cannot simply travel with free mind in this situation without being scarred every now and then. I am not pessimistic but while travelling you need absolute peace of mind.

Edited: 5:44 am, March 08, 2013
Manama, Bahrain
8. Re: tourists safety..

my flight is on 15th ...i m keeping the fingers crossed.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
reviews: 43
9. Re: tourists safety..

this link tells us that situation is worst there

kashmirwatch.com/news.php/2013/03/08/192-inj…

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 2
10. Re: tourists safety..

nandhi79 did you visit kasmir? please provide us update as in the situation in the valley???

Edited: 11:08 am, March 08, 2013