We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour

Hi ,

I am planning to go for my honeymoon trip to himachal in first week of march . For that I decided to take customized package of 8 days from any of the good tour operator

My Concern : Is it safe to travel from delhi to shimla by the cab they have booked for us . We are reaching delhi at 2 pm and then starting for shimla .

Also suggest me which tour operator is good like thomas cook , veena world or makemytrip

4 replies to this topic
Kurukshetra, India
reviews: 125
1. Re: Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour

Hi Rahul

March is off season for hills

It will be much better if you select good hotels yourself

Hotels also offer honeymoon packages with transportation

New Delhi, India
reviews: 7
2. Re: Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour

Namaste!

First of all congratulations! :)

In 8 days you can divide the whole tour as: Shimla(3 days) & Manali(4 days).

March is off season, so you may get a good deal. A 8 day package should cost you around 35000 with taxi ex chandigarh & 3 star hotels.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3. Re: Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour

Thanks , But My question , Since we only 2 wil be travelling in a taxi individually and not in a group tour

So , Is it safe to travel from delhi to shimla by the cab which they have booked for us . We are reaching delhi at 2 pm and then starting for shimla and it will be night to reach shimla .

New Delhi, India
reviews: 7
4. Re: Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour

you were asking for suggestion about various tour operators that is why people here are giving you an idea. :)

Anyways, if the taxi is from a reliable operator then you are more safer. On the other hand driver must be experienced in driving in the hills during nights. You will reach around 11 pm.

Reply to: Need Help for Shimla manali chandigarh tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted